🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Introducing Upwork
Page options

Introducing Upwork

garnorm
Community Member

As you might have noticed, today we took a major step in the future of our work together by relaunching oDesk as Upwork.

Today, you’ll see familiar oDesk functionality and your existing profile, but with a new mobile-friendly and simplified design. A new Upwork Messenger app is now also available for download on Android and iPhone. Upwork is a new name, and a new platform for connecting businesses with talented professionals, faster and more easily than ever before and we couldn’t be happier to have you be a part of it.

Take a look around Upwork, and let us know what you think. As usual, we’ll be here on the Community to answer as many of your questions as we can.

Thanks!

350 Comments
lanwanman
Community Member

Hi Valeria! WOW, your reply (to my original thread / post prior to it being moved) is the fasted reply I have ever received from oDesk since I joined in 2009.

Since mid-2013, as a result of oDesk changes aka "mad robots," I have been far less active on oDesk opting instead to search for and acquire work via other venues. Still, I have always preferred to work via oDesk when possible.

I would be very appreciative if as a freelancer, I were to be among the freelancers selected to test new features. I offer to provide timely participation, thorough testing, and meaningful feedback.

merienne
Community Member

@Neelam B wrote:

HEllo Garnor,

Well change is good but colour scheme is not pleasant i don't like it.I think odesk is now completely clone of Elance some how.Star colour green every thing is green just change it please.Thank You

Kind Regards

Neelam

Came here to tell the exact thing, except that I don't like the change, either. Could you please, please, please do something with this colour scheme, cause this lime green really hurts the eyes, could you AT LEAST make it a dark green, if not returning it to dark blue, or some other dark colour? Thank you. 

matthbb
Community Member

Absolutely hate the readibility of the page, the font used (very smooth and not crisp - hard to read and crowded) and the color scheme.  

It's not the colors per se, it's that they do not make for an easy to read page.  It's actually hard to read things.  When you put muddled mid-colors over the same type of mid-colors it's hard.

Crisp black over white = easy to read

This muted and almost hazy grey over another grey = migraine

Same with the green over grey

I never not one to complain this hard about something but it's actually giving me a headache.  I think red letter over a royal blue background would be easier.

The font can be fixed by ctrl + - but then I have to scroll scroll scroll scroll around a page and that adds time.  We are on Odesk all the time and have a big team of freelancers that work for us so this really is pretty bad.

The layout - great, easy

Where things are - easy to find, no complaints

Reports,etc. - have what we need for the most part, no complaints

None of it matters if you get a migraine after 5 minutes because of poor color / font choices.

garnorm
Community Member

Thanks for the offer Ron!

tati_chan
Community Member

i said, it couldn't get worst after the connects s. thing but now waw what a BLINDING surprise

Seriously what is with this name? and what's with this green? my eyes are bleeding

change is good but only if it's for the better but from what people are seeing, it only get worst and worst 

PLEASE BRING BACK THE GOOD ODESK

lanwanman
Community Member

I agree Pravin that a little advanced notice would have been nice. I have a few links to change; well, more than a few! (forwarding will not correct for them).

I read the February posts Garnor mentioned, and I asked in the Community if a new site was in planning to which I did not receive any meaningful reply. Actually, the lack of replies told me my guess was correct. Oh well, no worries....

Let's hope this all works out for the best....

corati
Community Member

hi Upwork team, I just landed an hourly job, what am I supposed to do ? use the old time tracker or upload the new one ?

Thanks

setumonroe
Community Member

Humans are always resisting change in almost all forms. At times it is important to be patient and see what the change has really effected, then give an unemotional and unbiased criticism.

jsutherland
Community Member

I've used the Control and the + key to make the text more readable for me. Worked great.

setumonroe
Community Member

Hi Corinne,

You should update to the most current version here. 
https://www.upwork.com/downloads

Congrats.