🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Introducing Upwork
Page options

Introducing Upwork

garnorm
Community Member

As you might have noticed, today we took a major step in the future of our work together by relaunching oDesk as Upwork.

Today, you’ll see familiar oDesk functionality and your existing profile, but with a new mobile-friendly and simplified design. A new Upwork Messenger app is now also available for download on Android and iPhone. Upwork is a new name, and a new platform for connecting businesses with talented professionals, faster and more easily than ever before and we couldn’t be happier to have you be a part of it.

Take a look around Upwork, and let us know what you think. As usual, we’ll be here on the Community to answer as many of your questions as we can.

Thanks!

350 Comments
lanwanman
Community Member

Excellent reply Valeria! While I do not find the new name 'Upwork' very inspiring, I do appreciate your comments regarding persons' varying command of the English language -- And to think all this time I thought you were from New York!

5b3b87bf
Community Member

Please can you change the font ASAP - it is barely legible on the eyes in both Firefox and Chrome (blurry), and very TIRING to work with.

armil_bagatsing
Community Member

Hi Garnor,

Innovation is good but the users must have been informed atleast a day or two before you launched the new platform. It is good to hear that you are working very hard to connecting businesses with talented professionals, faster.

Here are my observations on the new Upwork platform:

1. Font and Colors

- The colors are not pleasing to the eyes

- The color of the notifications are dull and it is not noticeable (I think it is orange or yellow).

- The font is too small. I think a big font size and a much more nice color is needed.

2. The mobile-friendly and simplified design

- I tried entering Upwork on my smartphone and I observe that I can only see messages and jobs on my page. I cannot transfer available balance to my Paypal account. 

3. The new name

- I think the name Odesk is much more appealing and has a good sound to it.

4. Paypal

- I transferred some of my balance to my Paypal account and that usually takes 2 minutes on the Odesk platform, but in the new platform it took Upwork 8 minutes to transfer my funds to my Paypal account.

Suggestions:

1. I really think that you should adopt the price system from Elance. I think the freelancers deserve atleast $10 minimum per project. 

2. Use Red colors for notification, use big font size and use white background instead of gray.

3. Send a notification to your users and give a detailed explanation on the next upgrade or feature that you will add.

Please continue to monitor user reactions and I hope my suggestions are helpful.

Regards,

Armil

0c0033e3
Community Member

How in the world do I post a new topic? 

david_gregory
Community Member

If you are looking to start an entirely new thread in this section of the forum, simply hit announcements on the left of the screen. This takes you to the screen which lists the various threads. At the top, you will see a button that says "New Message". Hit it and you can write your new thread.

It works the same for all the sections of the forum.

banna360
Community Member

The color is terrific. i don't see any single person like this color in this thread.

I can not look in to site no more so i changes color and created my own color style changes.  I use its now like this 

http://screencast.com/t/jFihPqa4CJfL

Thank You 

Banna

jerinkic
Community Member

Hello,

Was not here few days and when i have returned i tought that font and green colore would be ok but now it is apsolutly wrong. 

It looks BAD i cant read text normal it looks like i need to have glasses so i can read it normal but then i see it is problem in font.... I have full HD monitor and still cant read it normaly...

Lets take some diferent fonts and compare it to this one:

Up work -  architecture

Arial-             architecture

Georgia-      architecture

Times new roman- architecture

Verdana-   architecture

So why there was need to inventing hot wather when there is so much Free fonts that look werry good!!!!

Next one is that green color i dont get it!

It looks like it has been used so much that it is washout. it is light version of something. Or it stayed on sun for some time and it lost intensity...

Instead you came with strong look for new company, with not so good name, you came with pale look. Like you came out with design and then put it to wash on 90 so when you take it out you tough ok we have no time to make new ones lets go with this...

Name up what how long you tought for this name 10sec?

Up and work to me doesnt go together... 

Comparing Upwork and oDesk.

oDesk strong it calls people to join, says this is your place yours desk to make waht you want with it to have work or to have fun to earn money or to look for job to look for freelancers...

Upwork say im bad shadow of everything else im here because we wanted to destroy 2 great names and combine them in some bad named company with poor design and fonts so bad that no one could read them and also lets make it green so it looks like t is eco...

Both oDesk and Elance color was blue why not keep it?

Green to watch this way is so hard for eyes.

Just change to some diferent green less frustrating....

Also Please change font please please please please please please!!!!!

dmitrykiselyov
Community Member

Garnor,

I have a proposal to create polls:

1. What font do you want to see on Upwork:

• the current "Gotham Book"
  • Arial

2. What color of links do you want to see on Upwork:

• the current green
  • less bright green
  • blue

For those who do not like the font and color try Stylish.

suznee
Community Member

@Banna H wrote:

The color is terrific. i don't see any single person like this color in this thread.

I can not look in to site no more so i changes color and created my own color style changes.  I use its now like this 

http://screencast.com/t/jFihPqa4CJfL

Thank You 

Banna

Banna,

You evidently then did not read the whole thread because I stated more then once I "Like" the new forum and colors.

I also posted twice a couple options for those who want to change the font and someone else posted how to change the whole look of the site, so just for the record I do like the new color scheme and new look.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What font do you want to see on Upwork"

Zapf Dingbats