Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing a New Business Resources Page

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 9

Today, we’re proud to announce the launch of a new Business Resources section for independent professionals on our site. The resources section is designed to bring together a bevy of third-party resources for freelancers and other small business owners, providing you with ready access to resources to grow and protect your business.  

The listed options include personal and business insurance, savings and retirement help, professional development, business services, co-working spaces and more. Along with many of these resources, you’ll also find special offers and discounts from trusted partners like Udemy, Intuit Quickbooks Self-Employed, Incorporate.com, and Honest Dollar.

Today, the resources listed are mostly in the United States. However, we are expanding this page and will soon be including options available in our other vibrant markets.

As we further develop the resources area, we would love to hear feedback and suggestions on what resources you hope to see here and how we can make this section beneficial for you.

Be sure to check back often to stay up-to-date as we add new partners and deals. In the meantime, check out and enjoy your existing resources!

Untitled
qqsolutions
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
2 of 9

Hi Lena, this is indeed a good step by upwork. Unfotunately nothing is available right now for countries other than USA. Should we (My agency) help you to find local partners in Pakistan who may be willing to give discounts to upwork freelancers in Pakistan?

lenaellis
Community Manager
3 of 9

Hi Muhammad,

We will be expanding this page to include other countries including Pakistan. If you would like to suggest some resources for the page I can pass them along to the team.

Thanks,

Lena

Untitled
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 9

This is pretty cool. Thanks guys.

I got an angel loan from Lending Club. I'll have it paid off in 2 months and was thinking of being an investor there. I'll have to check out Lend Up.

jiranee92
Van H Member Since: Sep 21, 2016
5 of 9

Hi Lena,

I'm a Vietnamese Residence and Is there a chance for me to have a part-time job in Upwork?

Thanks with Regards

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 9

Hi Van,

Many freelancers use Upwork as their part-time and full-time income. You can also build up your profile and start applying for jobs. Check out this video for useful tips and best practices.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lenaellis
Community Manager
7 of 9

We would love to hear from our users about resources you know of in your country. If you have any suggestions for our business resource page email them to business_resources@upwork.com.

Untitled
This widget could not be displayed.
8 of 9
This widget could not be displayed.

@Lena E wrote:

We would love to hear from our users about resources you know of in your country. If you have any suggestions for our business resource page email them to business_resources@upwork.com.

If ressources means that companies from my country want to sell me courses or services or products, insurances or loans I am not interested to provide any details and do not want to hear from those companies and do not want that they are able to send me their offers or have access to my email. All "resources" I have seen so far on Upwork wanted to sell something. Companies are enabled to offer their services to freelancers using Upwork's platform: co-marketing of Upwork and other companies. 

My email box is flooded every day with emails from companies who want to "help" me. I am here to find new clients and nothing else. I improve my professional knowledge continously - outside of Upwork. I am aware that these "resources" could be interesting for freelancers from the US.

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
9 of 9

Okay, thanks Margarete. We've heard from some freelancers who are interested in this. This Resoures page and those partnerships are for them.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS