Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 58

Wendy, I just replied.Smiley Happy

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
23 of 58

Thanks for the heads up about this new feature. I came across one of these jobs shortly after I saw the annoucment today, and though it wasn't anything I was interested it, it was as good of a job post as I could ask for.

So my feedback is that I hope serious clients who pay for this feature have the ability to create good job posts, otherwise their payment to get featured is wasted.

I not mean to sound negative, it looks like a great feature at face value.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
24 of 58

@Pandora H wrote:

So my feedback is that I hope serious clients who pay for this feature have the ability to create good job posts, otherwise their payment to get featured is wasted.

Lol :-) If someone wants to pay Upwork to have their I need a website job post promoted, be my guest, and Upwork's :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
25 of 58

Rene, I think possibly havng to fork over $25 is the motivation behind writing a comprehensive RFP.  Coupled with the fact the buyer is serious about needing help.

Neither point above indicates the buyer will necessarily hire someone - but it does up the chances of that happening IF the proposals are valid.  It worked for me ...

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
26 of 58

"Featured Jobs Only" search filter... Please?

Edit: While you are at it another filter for "Enterprise Clients Only" ???

Edit 2: You should never give this free as a promotion or anything...

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
27 of 58

Hi Baris,

Please check my earlier post on the same question and note that we currently don't have plans for adding the two filters you mentioned.

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your question. There is no option to create a filter specifically for Featured Jobs. However, these jobs will include an eye-catching, blue “Featured Job” banner so they will be easy to spot. 

Community Guru
28 of 58

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for repeating the same request. I did it to vote it up.

PS: This is way better than special offer jobs or anything you did in the near past.

Community Guru
29 of 58

I don't care for lowered fee much to tell the truth. If the client is paying to post a job I'm more than happy to spend my connects even if they don't hire me...

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
30 of 58

Sharing my experience with a Featured Job.

- I bid on one and was offered the gig within minutes.

- B/c I insist on a brief Skype call to make sure client and I trust each other and can communicate, the job became official within a few hours.

- I was asked to do another job upon completion, quoted my price and client agreed.

My one and only experience with Featured Jobs now confirm what I posted earlier:

1) Buyers are serious

2) They make reasonably rapid decisions - why else fork over an additional fee?

3) Buyers are professionals. No BS; no wishy-washy 'make-it-pop' nonsense. They know what they need and they know how to convey it.

My new found knowledge:

-  If the buyer is pleased with your work - you get rehired almost immediately - or offered some kind of guarantee of future work ... not come-on speak like we see so often.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS