🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Introducing "Featured Job" Posts
Page options

Introducing "Featured Job" Posts

lenaellis
Community Member

We’re rolling out a new way for clients to find and hire great freelancers in less time. “Featured Jobs” is an upgrade option clients can purchase to highlight their job more prominently than others. For a one-time fee of $29.99, clients that upgrade their job to a “Featured Job” will receive:

• A “Featured Job” badge on their job post
  • The ability to move their job up to the top of search results several times.
  • An email showcasing their job to Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers along with a discount for those freelancers when they work on these jobs.
  • Behind the scenes shortlisting help.

All freelancers will see “Featured Jobs’ in their job search and on their job details page. The badge will look like the image shown below:

featuredjobposts.png

We’re testing out this feature to a limited amount of clients, so not everyone will have this option yet. We will let you know when this has rolled out to all clients.

57 Comments
pandoraharper
Community Member

Thanks for the heads up about this new feature. I came across one of these jobs shortly after I saw the annoucment today, and though it wasn't anything I was interested it, it was as good of a job post as I could ask for.

So my feedback is that I hope serious clients who pay for this feature have the ability to create good job posts, otherwise their payment to get featured is wasted.

I not mean to sound negative, it looks like a great feature at face value.

versailles
Community Member

@Pandora H wrote:

So my feedback is that I hope serious clients who pay for this feature have the ability to create good job posts, otherwise their payment to get featured is wasted.

Lol 🙂 If someone wants to pay Upwork to have their I need a website job post promoted, be my guest, and Upwork's 🙂

wendy_writes
Community Member

Rene, I think possibly havng to fork over $25 is the motivation behind writing a comprehensive RFP.  Coupled with the fact the buyer is serious about needing help.

Neither point above indicates the buyer will necessarily hire someone - but it does up the chances of that happening IF the proposals are valid.  It worked for me ...

barada00
Community Member

"Featured Jobs Only" search filter... Please?

Edit: While you are at it another filter for "Enterprise Clients Only" ???

Edit 2: You should never give this free as a promotion or anything...

barada00
Community Member

I don't care for lowered fee much to tell the truth. If the client is paying to post a job I'm more than happy to spend my connects even if they don't hire me...

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Baris,

Please check my earlier post on the same question and note that we currently don't have plans for adding the two filters you mentioned.

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your question. There is no option to create a filter specifically for Featured Jobs. However, these jobs will include an eye-catching, blue “Featured Job” banner so they will be easy to spot. 

barada00
Community Member

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for repeating the same request. I did it to vote it up.

PS: This is way better than special offer jobs or anything you did in the near past.

wendy_writes
Community Member

Sharing my experience with a Featured Job.

- I bid on one and was offered the gig within minutes.

- B/c I insist on a brief Skype call to make sure client and I trust each other and can communicate, the job became official within a few hours.

- I was asked to do another job upon completion, quoted my price and client agreed.

My one and only experience with Featured Jobs now confirm what I posted earlier:

1) Buyers are serious

2) They make reasonably rapid decisions - why else fork over an additional fee?

3) Buyers are professionals. No BS; no wishy-washy 'make-it-pop' nonsense. They know what they need and they know how to convey it.

My new found knowledge:

-  If the buyer is pleased with your work - you get rehired almost immediately - or offered some kind of guarantee of future work ... not come-on speak like we see so often.

elastella
Community Member

My two experiences with "Featured Job" in my job feed:

1. job: client was looking for a person to format excel spreadsheets

2. job: client was advertising for a Chinese speaking CS rep

Um, no.

So far, not a fangirl of this feature.

katrinabeaver
Community Member

I love the new "Featured Job".  It helps with  knowing the client is serious about finding a freelancer. If they are paying to post a project, they are serious about hiring someone and won't disappear.