1. job: client was looking for a person to format excel spreadsheets

2. job: client was advertising for a Chinese speaking CS rep

Um, no.

So far, not a fangirl of this feature.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
32 of 58

Wendy C. posted:

Sharing my experience with a Featured Job.

- I bid on one and was offered the gig within minutes.

- B/c I insist on a brief Skype call to make sure client and I trust each other and can communicate, the job became official within a few hours.

- I was asked to do another job upon completion, quoted my price and client agreed.

My one and only experience with Featured Jobs now confirm what I posted earlier:

1) Buyers are serious

2) They make reasonably rapid decisions - why else fork over an additional fee?

3) Buyers are professionals. No BS; no wishy-washy 'make-it-pop' nonsense. They know what they need and they know how to convey it.

My new found knowledge:

-  If the buyer is pleased with your work - you get rehired almost immediately - or offered some kind of guarantee of future work ... not come-on speak like we see so often.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Congrats Wendy!  Thanks for sharing with all of us---much appreciated!

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
33 of 58

I love the new "Featured Job".  It helps with  knowing the client is serious about finding a freelancer. If they are paying to post a project, they are serious about hiring someone and won't disappear. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
34 of 58

I haven't seen one in my category yet, but I'm looking Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
35 of 58

Yes ... it's one of the best features/ideas Upwork has had in a while. I actually saw one I was interesed in, but for the first time ever, I had used all my connects. Hoping it will still be there when they refresh tomorrow.

Hoping whoever came up with that idea got a gold star.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
36 of 58

I also really like this, but I hope it's always going to be optional and isn't testing for a mandatory job posting fee. As it is, it provides a great way for serious clients to get more attention and signal their seriousness to freelancers without deterring those unwilling to pay a fee on spec.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
37 of 58

I took 2 weeks off and created an application, but I'm back to real work tomorrow. Looking forward to these although they were never that popular on Elance.

I got into another talent cloud last week and I'm ready to try out that puppy.

Ace Contributor
Elizabeta M Member Since: Jun 4, 2016
38 of 58

I agree, this is a great idea. Also, perhaps there should be a filter for Featured Jobs, just like the side tab we have for the Special Offer Jobs. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
39 of 58

Thank you all for sharing your feedback, we're glad to see featured jobs are well received by our experienced freelancers so far! We're looking forward to receiving more feedback.

Elizabeta, I'll share your suggestion with the team.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
40 of 58

Just as an FYI, Upwork's approach and handling of Featured Jobs is a world apart from the way eLance approached it.  Upwork is using exclusively an "up to the client" approach; eLance required double the amount of connects for a FLer to be placed in the top 5 proposals that appeared.

IMO -Upwork's methodology is superior.

I'm probably going to start a battle here but I strongly disagree with Elizabeta's suggestion because

1) creating a specific filter for Featured Jobs means some or many FLers will not review all jobs in their category and 

2) the buyers who are paying for it will be flooded with incompetent and bot bids ... thus negating the entire reason for having paid the fee.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS