🐈
» Support » Resources » Product Release Notes » Introducing "Featured Job" Posts
Page options

Introducing "Featured Job" Posts

lenaellis
Community Member

We’re rolling out a new way for clients to find and hire great freelancers in less time. “Featured Jobs” is an upgrade option clients can purchase to highlight their job more prominently than others. For a one-time fee of $29.99, clients that upgrade their job to a “Featured Job” will receive:

• A “Featured Job” badge on their job post
  • The ability to move their job up to the top of search results several times.
  • An email showcasing their job to Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers along with a discount for those freelancers when they work on these jobs.
  • Behind the scenes shortlisting help.

All freelancers will see “Featured Jobs’ in their job search and on their job details page. The badge will look like the image shown below:

featuredjobposts.png

We’re testing out this feature to a limited amount of clients, so not everyone will have this option yet. We will let you know when this has rolled out to all clients.

57 Comments
csjarmitage
Community Member

I haven't seen one in my category yet, but I'm looking 🙂

mtngigi
Community Member

Yes ... it's one of the best features/ideas Upwork has had in a while. I actually saw one I was interesed in, but for the first time ever, I had used all my connects. Hoping it will still be there when they refresh tomorrow.

Hoping whoever came up with that idea got a gold star.

tlsanders
Community Member

I also really like this, but I hope it's always going to be optional and isn't testing for a mandatory job posting fee. As it is, it provides a great way for serious clients to get more attention and signal their seriousness to freelancers without deterring those unwilling to pay a fee on spec.

lysis10
Community Member

I took 2 weeks off and created an application, but I'm back to real work tomorrow. Looking forward to these although they were never that popular on Elance.

I got into another talent cloud last week and I'm ready to try out that puppy.

e_milosevski
Community Member

I agree, this is a great idea. Also, perhaps there should be a filter for Featured Jobs, just like the side tab we have for the Special Offer Jobs. 

VladimirG
Community Manager

Thank you all for sharing your feedback, we're glad to see featured jobs are well received by our experienced freelancers so far! We're looking forward to receiving more feedback.

Elizabeta, I'll share your suggestion with the team.

wendy_writes
Community Member

Just as an FYI, Upwork's approach and handling of Featured Jobs is a world apart from the way eLance approached it.  Upwork is using exclusively an "up to the client" approach; eLance required double the amount of connects for a FLer to be placed in the top 5 proposals that appeared.

IMO -Upwork's methodology is superior.

I'm probably going to start a battle here but I strongly disagree with Elizabeta's suggestion because

1) creating a specific filter for Featured Jobs means some or many FLers will not review all jobs in their category and 

2) the buyers who are paying for it will be flooded with incompetent and bot bids ... thus negating the entire reason for having paid the fee.

elitegra
Community Member

To me, Elance way was superio, the fact that you had to use double the connect was a good thing that kept low bidders appart, also you are refering to the Featured Proposal, which was another feature, for double the connect you could Feature ANY proposal, but also do so in a Featured Job, which took up to 5 connects or more I think.

Upwork, please keep bringing all Elance features 🙂

versailles
Community Member

I admit that I too would be in favor of having to spend more connects for featured jobs.

barada00
Community Member

@Rene K wrote:

I admit that I too would be in favor of having to spend more connects for featured jobs.

If their budget is not $5

I can't imagine a client paying $30 to post a $5 job but it is not impossible.