🐈
» Support » Resources » Product Release Notes » Introducing "Featured Job" Posts
Page options

Introducing "Featured Job" Posts

lenaellis
Community Member

We’re rolling out a new way for clients to find and hire great freelancers in less time. “Featured Jobs” is an upgrade option clients can purchase to highlight their job more prominently than others. For a one-time fee of $29.99, clients that upgrade their job to a “Featured Job” will receive:

• A “Featured Job” badge on their job post
  • The ability to move their job up to the top of search results several times.
  • An email showcasing their job to Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers along with a discount for those freelancers when they work on these jobs.
  • Behind the scenes shortlisting help.

All freelancers will see “Featured Jobs’ in their job search and on their job details page. The badge will look like the image shown below:

featuredjobposts.png

We’re testing out this feature to a limited amount of clients, so not everyone will have this option yet. We will let you know when this has rolled out to all clients.

57 Comments
purplepony
Community Member

Wendy C. posted:

Sharing my experience with a Featured Job.

- I bid on one and was offered the gig within minutes.

- B/c I insist on a brief Skype call to make sure client and I trust each other and can communicate, the job became official within a few hours.

- I was asked to do another job upon completion, quoted my price and client agreed.

My one and only experience with Featured Jobs now confirm what I posted earlier:

1) Buyers are serious

2) They make reasonably rapid decisions - why else fork over an additional fee?

3) Buyers are professionals. No BS; no wishy-washy 'make-it-pop' nonsense. They know what they need and they know how to convey it.

My new found knowledge:

-  If the buyer is pleased with your work - you get rehired almost immediately - or offered some kind of guarantee of future work ... not come-on speak like we see so often.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Congrats Wendy!  Thanks for sharing with all of us---much appreciated!

cupidmedia
Community Member

I used this feature for the first time today when I needed an urgent (within a few hours) turnaround on a small translation project. I needed multiple languages and had been given pretty free range with the budget (as it was to translate an urgent, critical notification email for our customers). I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of freelancers who applied and managed to fill all the languages slots I needed within a couple of hours even though many of them were in Europe and it was the middle of the night for them. It was definitely a worthwhile investment for me and I can see myself using the feature again. I think it helped to show I'm a serious client even though the job post may have looked a little spammy - urgent, multiple languages, etc.

22ea2d33
Community Member

Leena, when are we going to get an option to feature our proposal at the top when applying to a job? This is what we had on elance i guess. Are you guys planning to roll out this feature in the near future? Please let us know 🙂

071bfeda
Community Member

If there are any clients reading this, can you please tell me is it worth it to upgrade a job to a "Featured Job"?

Thank you. 

purplepony
Community Member

Rufus A. posted:

If there are any clients reading this, can you please tell me is it worth it to upgrade a job to a "Featured Job"?

Thank you. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Rufus, Jennifer D. is an excellent Client who has been utilizing Upwork for quite some time now.  She posted her impressions regarding this just a bit above.  Hopefully the information she shared will be of assistance to you.  

cupidmedia
Community Member

@Rufus A wrote:

Thank you. 

Rufus, as Pat said, you can see my post above. I personally wouldn't use it for every job. But if I need a job filled urgently, or I'm looking for a quality long-term freelancer, I would definitely use it again.

wendy_writes
Community Member

The first few weeks of the program, it was well worth it to both the client and the freelancer.  I've watched the caliber of the RFPs drop significantly since then.

3f717880
Community Member

"Behind the scenes shortlisting help."  I expected this to mean that I would receive job posts who met the criteria I specified.  I did not.  This is misleading advertising.  

AveryO
Community Manager

Hi Taymour, 

I wanted to clarify if you meant you were meant to receive a shortlist of relevant freelancers to help you find the right freelancer for your project?

UPDATE: Hi Taymour, I just wanted to follow up. I can see that you were already assisted by the team. You can let us know if you are happy with the assistance you received from then, or if you need to clarify any confusion you have with this service. 

shahkamran47
Community Member

Hii LENA E i can work under a compny of freelancer.Thay can not give a good price of our work.So i can make my profile and not be able to get any work since 2 manths.m realy poor guy and i have exlent skills in lead hunting.please help me in get a job if you can .i really appircate it.Thank you.