cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introducing "Featured Job" Posts

Ace Contributor
Wilson E Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
41 of 58

To me, Elance way was superio, the fact that you had to use double the connect was a good thing that kept low bidders appart, also you are refering to the Featured Proposal, which was another feature, for double the connect you could Feature ANY proposal, but also do so in a Featured Job, which took up to 5 connects or more I think.

Upwork, please keep bringing all Elance features :-)

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
42 of 58

I admit that I too would be in favor of having to spend more connects for featured jobs.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
43 of 58

@Rene K wrote:

I admit that I too would be in favor of having to spend more connects for featured jobs.

If their budget is not $5

I can't imagine a client paying $30 to post a $5 job but it is not impossible.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
44 of 58

I used this feature for the first time today when I needed an urgent (within a few hours) turnaround on a small translation project. I needed multiple languages and had been given pretty free range with the budget (as it was to translate an urgent, critical notification email for our customers). I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of freelancers who applied and managed to fill all the languages slots I needed within a couple of hours even though many of them were in Europe and it was the middle of the night for them. It was definitely a worthwhile investment for me and I can see myself using the feature again. I think it helped to show I'm a serious client even though the job post may have looked a little spammy - urgent, multiple languages, etc.

Vishal K Member Since: May 3, 2016
45 of 58

Leena, when are we going to get an option to feature our proposal at the top when applying to a job? This is what we had on elance i guess. Are you guys planning to roll out this feature in the near future? Please let us know Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Rufus A Member Since: Oct 2, 2017
46 of 58

If there are any clients reading this, can you please tell me is it worth it to upgrade a job to a "Featured Job"?

Thank you. 

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
47 of 58

Rufus A. posted:

If there are any clients reading this, can you please tell me is it worth it to upgrade a job to a "Featured Job"?

Thank you. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Rufus, Jennifer D. is an excellent Client who has been utilizing Upwork for quite some time now.  She posted her impressions regarding this just a bit above.  Hopefully the information she shared will be of assistance to you.  

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
48 of 58

@Rufus A wrote:

Thank you. 

Rufus, as Pat said, you can see my post above. I personally wouldn't use it for every job. But if I need a job filled urgently, or I'm looking for a quality long-term freelancer, I would definitely use it again.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
49 of 58

The first few weeks of the program, it was well worth it to both the client and the freelancer.  I've watched the caliber of the RFPs drop significantly since then.

Taymour M Member Since: Jan 8, 2018
50 of 58

"Behind the scenes shortlisting help."  I expected this to mean that I would receive job posts who met the criteria I specified.  I did not.  This is misleading advertising.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS