Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investigating possible phishing attempts

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 11

UPDATE: this thread has been closed from further replies.

We are currently investigating what appear to be phishing attempts sent from oDesk user accounts. These messages encourage you to join another freelance site, digiserved. We do not have any association with digiserved and we do not know if it is a legitimate site. We will keep you updated as our investigation proceeds.

In the meantime, please remember:

1. Don’t click on links that look suspicious
  2. Never share your login credentials with any third party
  3. oDesk does not share your email addresses with any third parties, nor does it allow third parties to scrape user profiles.  If you receive a solicitation sent through the Message Center or otherwise asking you for your profile links or other personal information, please flag the message as inappropriate.*

*Edited

Highlighted
Md. Rahat H Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
2 of 11

Thank you, for let us know. 

We will keep in mind this thing 

One request, Please keep tracking that client accounts those have very low hire rate. Some Clients post a job then call for interview & on those interviews they asking to work outside of odesk, which is Risky & I think it's against odesk policy. 

Is odesk will take any step against them? 

Regards,

Rahat Hossen

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 11

@Md. Rahat H wrote:

One request, Please keep tracking that client accounts those have very low hire rate. Some Clients post a job then call for interview & on those interviews they asking to work outside of odesk, which is Risky & I think it's against odesk policy. 

Is odesk will take any step against them? 

That is certainly a violation of oDesk policy, so please report any instances of requests to work outside of oDesk. You can do that via the "Flag as inappropriate" link on the job post.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
4 of 11

Isn't it the agency's responsibility to ensure that the jobs posted are credible? Surely such a service would be covered by the various fees freelancers pay to the site. Why is it that the forums seem to be micro-managed to the extent that comments are deleted at such a high rate that you lose track of conversations within minutes, yet blatantly obvious scam jobs often hang around for days?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
5 of 11

@Ramon B wrote:

yet blatantly obvious scam jobs often hang around for days?

If they're ever deleted at all.  And oDesk usually allows bad clients to keep spamming the garbage ads over and over, too. It's high time for them to stop treating all anonymous abusers as if they were valued clients.

I stopped flagging as a result of oDesk's inaction.  If they don't care, why should I?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 11

Hi Ramon and Darrin,

We understand the frustration freelancers feel when they see a lot of scam job postings. oDesk Team is taking care of flag reports as quickly as possible. However, we understand that the system of monitoring job postings needs to be improved and we are going to launch some initiatives regarding this issue in the near future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 11
re: "we do not know if it is a legitimate site."

IF digiserved is behind the phishing campaign, then it is, by definition, NOT a legitimate site.

Because legitimate businesses do not engage in phishing or hacking of this sort.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
8 of 11

I wondered about that.  Received the email yesterday and I have forwarded same to you separately.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
9 of 11

What should we do now exactly?

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 11

Hi Khadezatul,

If the message from digiserved is still in your inbox, go ahead and delete it. We've removed messages from the Message Center and taken action to prevent this user from spamming you again.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS