Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score Issue

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Chirayu M Member Since: May 15, 2020
791 of 866

Can you let me know the contract that had a bad review? Because with my knowledge, I knew one contract with a bad review.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Drew D Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
792 of 866

Chirayu M wrote:

Can you let me know the contract that had a bad review? Because with my knowledge, I knew one contract with a bad review.

Unfortunately, no one can tell you that. It is private feedback, so you are not supposed to know exactly who left the review. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
793 of 866

All right, I respect the rules. But one more question. 

Out of 5 jobs, two of them gave me bad reviews according to you. But the other three gave me a pretty good review. Then how can I get so less success score?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
794 of 866

Chirayu M wrote:

All right, I respect the rules. But one more question. 

Out of 5 jobs, two of them gave me bad reviews according to you. But the other three gave me a pretty good review. Then how can I get so less success score?

The precise algorithm is secret, so none of us know exactly how each element is weighted. But note that higher value jobs get more weighting than others. So it is possible that you got poor private feedback on one of your jobs that was worth more money. Another possibility is that you got poor private feedback on three jobs. We cannot know for sure. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
795 of 866

Okay, thanks Drew.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
796 of 866

No. I don't have any open contracts. Also, none of my contracts has been cancelled without payment. 

"Probably poor private feedback on the last job combined with something else.".

Can you please explain me this? I didn't get "with something else". I have all the contracts with good rating and all ended well.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
797 of 866

Clients give public feedback and private. The stars on your profile are public feedback. Your private feedback factors into your JSS, but you are not told who left it. This is so that clients can provide more honest feedback. 

Highlighted
Muhammad Tayyab H Member Since: May 18, 2020
798 of 866

Hello Everyone,

I am new to upwork, I have completed 5 jobs here out of which 3 were ended with positive 5 star feedback, one client didn't give the feedback and one was a 100% refund. It shows that my job success score is 69%. Why is that when I completed 4 out of 5 jobs?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
799 of 866

Muhammad Tayyab H wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am new to upwork, I have completed 5 jobs here out of which 3 were ended with positive 5 star feedback, one client didn't give the feedback and one was a 100% refund. It shows that my job success score is 69%. Why is that when I completed 4 out of 5 jobs?

A job with no money paid is bad for your rating, your private feedback might have been bad, and public stars don't have much weight on JSS, consider them purely window-dressing. 

Highlighted
Muhammad Tayyab H Member Since: May 18, 2020
800 of 866

what is this private feedback? is this possible that client who left 5-star still give bad private feedback

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS