Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probelm with job success score

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Arslan A Member Since: Nov 14, 2019
841 of 887

Hi Abdelrahman,

As far as I know we need total 5 jobs with three different client to have JSS. Since you have total 4 completed jobs, that does sounds like you have contract with no earning/full refund, which can significantly lower your JSS. 

Arslan

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Farah Z Member Since: Jul 6, 2020
842 of 887

Hey Arsalan,

I have completed 5 jobs with 5 different clients; I only had one unsuccessful job because the client was unreasonable beyond limits. I had no option but to end the contract and refund her. The job was of $7. I currently have 2 other contracts that I am working on; I have worked for one client before and the other is new. I am quite worried that the contract I cancelled will have a massive impact on my JSS. Can you or anyone guide me? I have read that the impact depends on the size of the job.

I am quite worried and need some guidance. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
843 of 887

Hi Farah,

Unfortunately this happended to me as well. Any contract with no earning/fully refund can dramatically lower our JSS. The effect will be more startling if we have less number of completed contracts. 

And yes contract with high earning will weight more, but still any unsuccessful outcomes will become a part of JSS, unless it fall out from JSS calculation window. 

Arslan

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
844 of 887
Hi,

I cannot see any change in my JSS and update is supposed to be today. After previous JSS update I've successfully completed one contract, however, there is no slight change in my JSS. I expect atleast some increment. Can any one please guide me?

Looking forward.

Arslan
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
845 of 887
Hi. Sorry its now updated and I think we have to wait until 6pm UTC for JSS to be fully updated.

Arslan
Highlighted
Kripanshu K Member Since: Aug 2, 2020
846 of 887

My job success score is 94% but when someone views my profile from another device it becomes 86%.

Can anyone please explain to me why is this happening? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
847 of 887

Did it just change today? If so, it's probably just due to delays in updating. Give it time to settle.

Highlighted
Sydney H Member Since: Jul 26, 2020
848 of 887

Hi All,

I am new to UpWork and have been working on several projects for about a month now. I've received good feedback from my clients. Of my 5 completed projects that are on record, only one was not 5 stars, it was at 4.8. Would this really equate to an 80% success score??

That seems off, and I feel like starting out with this score is going to look like a negative for obtaining work, compared to those in the 90s. I have several ongoing projects, all going well except for some lack of communication from a client but I have been working on the projects as much as possible with the response times I am getting. I've also had one project placed on hold because the client's card was not verified. I don't feel like it's my fault that this happened, but perhaps the delay/inactivity of the contract caused my score to come down?

I am curious how often the score is updated? I would like to bring it up into the 90s, I just don't see what brought it so far down...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
849 of 887

Hi Sydney,

I understand your issue because I've been there. When I started here 2 years ago I was in a similar position with a JSS in the 80s and thought no one would hire me. But I kept moving forward and applying to jobs where a JSS of 90s wasn't a requirement. And I was hired. After a few successful jobs, my JSS increased. 

Don't dwell on the past and keep applying to jobs you can knock out of the park. Your JSS will improve. 

Good luck to you!

Highlighted
Sydney H Member Since: Jul 26, 2020
850 of 887

I'm guessing I got some negative private feedback for the one job I received a 4.8/5 star public review on. I offered to do a trial run because of the posted expectations (they looked doable), and the client underpaid by about half of the hours it took me to complete the project. I assumed this was just a hit for me, and took the low pay offer anyways (I know I should have had the client make the trial contract with the milestone before starting, this was my mistake as well, and will certainly not be repeated). The client had extremely high expectations and was not clear with those expectations in the listing. I did my best with the project. I think, learning from this, I will only apply for jobs that are very clear in their requirements and I am positive I can complete with good reviews.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS