cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Query about Long-term project system

hiran_sarkar
Mrittunjoy S Member Since: Dec 1, 2020
911 of 922

A few days back I read in an Upwork article that higher earnings can boost my JSS. Can someone tell me what amount is considered a high earning. Is the high earning calculated by considering my previous job earnings?

Thanks

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
912 of 922

Hi Mrittunjoy,

It seems like you are referring to the job size, which is now factored into the JSS calculation. I'd recommend that you please check out this post to learn more about this.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nhatduy94
Ace Contributor
Duy N Member Since: Mar 20, 2020
913 of 922

My client offer me an unclear offer, I accepted it, then he end the contract without inform me in advance and we haven't had any works. It is $0. I guess he gave me bad private feedback.

Does $0 contract impact to JSS?

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
914 of 922

If he gave you bad private feedback, then yes, it could have an impact. But why would he do this if you didn't do any work together?

71a4ee34
Robert O Member Since: Sep 29, 2017
915 of 922

To clarify:

A job with a negative review that gets fully refunded. Does this affect JSS?

marafx
Community Leader
Antonia B. V Member Since: Sep 12, 2017
916 of 922

yes it does. 

nabila_pervaiz
Ace Contributor
Nabila Pervaiz B Member Since: Mar 23, 2021
917 of 922

Hi Everyone,
I want to know about a Long-term contract system. I'm working with a client who gives me regular projects in milestone form. Each project is different from the other. Should I ask him to propose a new contract for each project? Or is it fine to do all projects in a single contract?
Which method will increase my JSS?

Thank you in advance.

jefreylandicho
JEFREY L Member Since: Dec 10, 2014
918 of 922

From what I know, both will help increase your JSS and I believe the total earned in a job weighs more than the quantity

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
919 of 922

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

. Should I ask him to propose a new contract for each project? Or is it fine to do all projects in a single contract?
Which method will increase my JSS?

Both long term (3+ months) contracts and successfully completed contracts help your JSS, but you should not harass the client to have to go through the rigmarole of opening a new contract for every milestone when they clearly prefer the ease of just adding a milestone.

It would be pretty inappropriate to ask the client to keep hiring you for new contracts all the time just to manipulate your JSS.

Also bear in mind that the JSS is Dollar weighed to a degree, so bigger contracts affect your JSS more than smaller ones and in this way working on one long contract will work in your favour.

dhankyharshil
Harshil D Member Since: Oct 9, 2018
920 of 922

Hi Upwork Community,

I have a unique situation that I haven't faced in my years on Upwork. A client asked me to do a piece of work for which I quoted him a fixed price. Instead, he sent me an hourly offer with a 1 hr. limit with the total amount as the hourly rate. I didn't mind as I have worked hourly offers before too, so I started working and billed the client for the hour. After billing the hour and sending the work, I get a notification 5 mins. later that the contract has been suspended.

Due to privacy issues, Upwork won't disclose why the contract is suspended (which is understandable) except they have told me it's an issue on the client side. Because I didn't append memos on the hourly tracking app (I know, rookie mistake), I am not eligible for the Payment Protection Program, meaning I won't get paid. On top of that, the client has disappeared off the face of the earth now, so it doesn't look like the contract will be reactivated anytime soon.

At this point, I am fine to let go of that one hour of work. It really is not that big of a deal, but given that the contract amount was reasonable sizable, I am worried it will impact my JSS if I end the contract with 0 earnings. My question is that with the new Upwork rules where contracts without feedback do not count towards JSS, does that extend to contracts with no earnings too?

Any alternative solutions would also be welcome. Thanks in advance!