Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job size will now be factored into your JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
861 of 880

If six out of 13 people didn't leave a feedback, that can be the issue.

That's almost 50% no feedback contracts and that is huge.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
862 of 880

Kathryn M wrote:

So far in 2020 I've had 14 jobs of which 7 (representing nearly 60% of my earnings) were rated 5 stars; 6 didn't leave feedback.

Until a couple of days ago my JSS was 99% - until a client for a small job representing less than 1% of my total earnings gave me a 4.3 and likely a bad review (it happens). How did that cause my JSS to fall 4 percentage points?

"So far in 2020" doesn't really mean much.

Your JSS is the best out of your 6 month, 12 month and 24 month calculation window. Nothing beyond 2 years counts at all.

Most people with a high JSS  are on their 6 month window (as this doesn't include anything that went wrong over 6 months ago or over 12 months ago. So when something does go wrong, it hits the 6 months window hard (as it's the one with the fewest contracts in it, so every outcome has a really significant impact) and the next best window is then likely the 12 months or 24 months window. Remember that before the "something went wrong" contract happened, both the 12 and 24 month windows were already lower than the 6 month window, so the extra "something went wrong" contract lowers the (new) calculation further.

One relatively small contract having a big effect is not uncommon, because it can mean a change in your calculation window

You also want to take a look at your "My Stats" page. What does it say about "Clients who would recommend you?" (basically your private feedback over the lifetime of your profile.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kathryn M Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
863 of 880

Thanks, Petra. Prior to the recent small job where the client likely did not recommend me my stats indicated only one previous client did not recommend me.

It makes no sense that one client not recommending me and still giving me 4.3 stars could cause my JSS score to fall 4 percentage points.

Also, how does the new scoring which factors in job size impact the JSS? This was a very small job especially compared to my other jobs.

Highlighted
Muhammad H Member Since: Aug 26, 2020
864 of 880

I have completed successfully 29 jobs until now.

25 jobs with a 5 stars review and 2 with 4.6, remaining 2 has no feedback left from the client.

Currently, my job success rate is 88% so will it go up now as I have successfully completed a projects with a 5-star rating.

A few days back a client who recommend you was 90% and today it was 85% so will it affect my JSS score?

I have worked hard to make my profile rise in 95 to 100% success rate and now I am worried will it improve or not as profile will update on 30th August 2020.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
865 of 880

Muhammad H wrote:

A few days back a client who recommend you was 90% and today it was 85% so will it affect my JSS score?

You got poor private feedback. When did the contract with the "wasn't possible to get a satisfactory result" comment end? 

Highlighted
Gavin W Member Since: Apr 17, 2020
866 of 880

As the title says,

I was hired by a client, the contract was accepted, we agreed to have a kick-off call later in the week because their schedule was rather busy.

Before we even had a call, they messaged me saying they hired someone else and closed the contract.

I now have a job in my history with no earnings and no feedback. 

Can this affect my job success score? And if so, is there any way to remove this job?

There was no explanation given by the client.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
867 of 880

Hi Gavin,

When a contract fails to lead to any earnings your JSS will be negatively impacted. Jobs that lack earnings and have positive outcomes will be excluded from JSS. For contracts with no client feedback, including ones you ended or left open and inactive, do not affect your score unless you have excessive contracts with no feedback. You can check this help article for more information. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
868 of 880

Thanks Joanne.

It doesn't seem very fair, since they essentially went back on their word, without us even having worked together.

Is there anything action I can take e.g. have it removed from my profile?

I did ask for about the reason for the change over messenger and they didn't respond.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
869 of 880

Hi Gavin,

Contracts that do not have earnings are not going to show on your profile, but if the client left you private feedback that will still factor into your JSS. I can see that you are on your way to earning a Top Rated badge. One of our perks of being a Top Rated freelancer is to request for feedback removal. You can check this help article for more information. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
870 of 880

Thanks Joanne Smiley Happy

I'll just keep it out of mind for now and push on with everything! 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS