Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job size will now be factored into your JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
741 of 827

Sergei M wrote:

1 client opened 5 contracts with me, pressured me to do free work, and give him discounts. I refused. I explained that getting instructions and presenting outcomes is work. I explained that 29$/hour isn't too much. Anyway he closed one 150$ job at 3.7 stars ... I realized where he was heading, so I closed off all his contracts, refunded him everything. But he still managed to drop my JSS to 81%. 
I don't know what to do now. Moving to another platform seems to be the only option. I made almost 30,000$ on upwork .. was top rated a month ago ... now one scammer just ruined me.

Closing 4 contracts with no pay is what tanked your JSS. You would have been better off to do a good job and hope for at least 4 star feedback or talk to the client about how to  improve the other jobs and keep working (and earning money). Instead of resolving whatever issue there was with your performance, you tanked your own JSS. Nice job. 

You can still recover with good feedback on your open jobs. I recovered from 82%. You can recover from 81%. But you need to learn some conflict resolution skills or this will happen again. And again. And again. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zain M Member Since: Jan 10, 2020
742 of 827

Hi Amanda, Glad to know that you have recovered from 82% JSS, but here I am giving everything to recover from drastic decrease in JSS. It has been decreased since it was awarded to me. I accept my mistakes choosing poor clients, poor private feedbacks, ending 1 contract with no earning and  I accept the decrease in JSS in those period in which I have done poor job. But, I never has a 1% increase in JSS. From 100 to 88, 88 to 85, 85 to 82, 82 to 79 and now 78.  I wonder why me JSS doesn't increase on that period of time when I had only successful jobs with positive public and private feedbacks.

Despite of 78% JSS, I was able to get a 20$ job and I completed successfully (5-Star Feedback + Client's Satisfaction) but I am not sure is it enough to get my JSS boost up by 2%? A 540$ successful job didn't increase my JSS at all, so I am expecting the decrease in JSS this Sunday as well.

Now, some would suggest me to stop asking about JSS tips everyday but why should I stop as it is the most important factor on Upwork. Public feedbacks are almost nothing infront of JSS.

Highlighted
Sahibzada Muhammad E Member Since: Sep 19, 2017
743 of 827
JSS got updated today. My JSS on profile got reduced to 96% while on Stats page it's still 100%. Any clue?
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
744 of 827

Hi Sahibzada Muhammad,

Please allow the system to update and show the updated information. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Leonardo R Member Since: Jun 5, 2020
745 of 827

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place for this, please let me know if I should ask somewhere else.

I've been working for a client in a project for almost a month, the job was completed and fully paid as a last milestone but the client wasn't closing the contract. After I asked him he did it, yesterday he left me a 5 stars feedbak, but my JSS dropped from 100% to 94%.

I've been redaing here that even if the public feedback is of 5 stars, the private feedback might not, and this could be the reason behind a JSS drop.

In this particular case it doesn't make much sense since I've gone the extra mile for this client, accepting a lower budget than what I originally asked for, working far more than the original scope and making tons and tons of revisions until he was completely satisfied. It'd be very unfair if he left other than a flawless feedback. How can I know for sure that the reason for the drop in my JSS is because of a lower than 5 stars private feedback from this client? Is there any other way than asking him directly?

He talked about working together again and I'm not very fond of this idea, I don't want to turn him down if he wasn't responsable for the drop in my JSS.

Highlighted
Noman R Member Since: Apr 6, 2019
746 of 827

Hi,

My client' account is permanently suspended by the Upwork due to violation of Upwork's Terms and Conditions. Now, she can't proceed my payments and I don't submit the work because the contracts were on hold. I had two contracts with her " Presentation on Mentoring" and " Healthcare management", when her account suspended permanently by Upwork, so she ended my contracts and asked me for a refund.

Now, please tell me what will be the effect of this? Because the issue is between Upwork and Client, and if the dispute between Upwork and Client cause reduction in my JSS, so this is not a good thing.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
747 of 827

lol so she gets her account suspended and she wants to take it out on you? Nice.

Her feedback doesn't count so just tell her that her problem with her Upwork account has nothing to do with you and you need to be paid.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Gurjeet S Member Since: May 18, 2020
748 of 827

Hello Jennifer, It always good to have advice from people like you.

as per your comment, what I understand is, once the milestone is done, payment deducted from her account, she cannot give me bad feedback out of frustration, and she does I can communicate to the community and her account will get suspended? and then her bad feedback won't hurt my JSS?

kindly correct me if I understood it wrong.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Gurjeet S Member Since: May 18, 2020
749 of 827

I really don't know what happened today after posting all this here, but the client approved both the milestones, with no communication obviously.

But I am really grateful to be part of the Upwork community, especially Jennifer, Joanne, Amanda, and the entire community who is guiding me or any other.

Thanks

Gurjeet

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Subodh K Member Since: May 3, 2019
750 of 827

If a client wants to cancel the project, Will it impact my job success rate? I have 100% right now. 

My client for web dev, out of nowhere says he doesn't want to proceed with the development. 

He, however, wants to pay for the time I spent ( not the point here)

My question is how will this impact my profile and job success rate?

How do I go about this type of client? 

Detail:

He wants a website. 
I made him design. 
His feedbacks were only on the contents. 
after 4 different versions, he still is focusing only on the contents, now when I said let's focus on the design, not on the content for now. 
He comes back and says let's cancel the project I don't like the layout. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS