Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job size will now be factored into your JSS

Highlighted
Waseem K Member Since: Nov 8, 2016
861 of 866

Dear Upwork Administration,

We, as a freelancer, are happy to pay for the connects because it helps to clean out the junk profiles of fake people.

But you have to pay attention to your JSS, its been a strange thing and now after these years in 2020, I still think its an awful feature. You should atleast treat us in a better way because we pay project fee, and connects and membership cost, and in return we get strange JSS.

Please revise this model.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
862 of 866

We don't get bad JSS, we get score as designed. 

Some freelancers manage to keep their JSS high, even with an 'unfair' system like this. 

If you continue to provide great results, if you have good soft skills and you are really good in your work, you will succeed as well.

With competition this high, unfortunately there is not much space for beginners and it can be unforgiving.  

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Highlighted
Frederick I Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
863 of 866

It says I have been eligible for "Top rated" for a while now. (16 0f 16 weeks)

However my profile is 95% complete, I need to add a certificate to get a 100%. The certificate I have is not in the list of certificates provided by Upwork. 

With this said, how can I get my Top Rated badge?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
864 of 866

Frederick I wrote:

However my profile is 95% complete, I need to add a certificate to get a 100%.

You don't necessarily need a certificate:

Portfolio Item

5% each (max 20%)

Employment History Item10% each (max 20%)

Education

10% each (max 20%)

Profile Video10% 
Linked Account10% (max 10%)
Certification5% each (max 10%)
Other Experience5% (max 5%)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mrwan S Member Since: May 11, 2020
865 of 866

Hey Petra,

please can you look at this my JSS just droped to 96% while im doing all the work as usual it always have been 99-100% so its kinda weird for me to see it drop like this! im currently working on a hourly contract and a long term couple of contracts and a normal contracts from now and then.

and all the idle contracts are already have milestones payed so i think its fine, isnt it ?

also have one contract which is idle and nothing have been payed because unresponsive client, may it cause this ?

please if you have time give my account a look and let me know what made this drop and what should i do to get my JSS back to 99-100%

also i didnt propose for a new jobs for a while because im busy on my current contracrs

thanks a lot

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
866 of 866

Mrwan S wrote:

Hey Petra,

please can you look at this my JSS just droped to 96% while im doing all the work as usual it always have been 99-100% so its kinda weird for me to see it drop like this! im currently working on a hourly contract and a long term couple of contracts and a normal contracts from now and then.

and all the idle contracts are already have milestones payed so i think its fine, isnt it ?

also have one contract which is idle and nothing have been payed because unresponsive client, may it cause this ?

please if you have time give my account a look and let me know what made this drop and what should i do to get my JSS back to 99-100%

also i didnt propose for a new jobs for a while because im busy on my current contracrs

thanks a lot

Just so you know, Petra is an extremely well informed freelancer, who is also generous in sharing her time and expertise. She may or may not take requests.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS