Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Join our Early Access Program for Project Catalog

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 327

There’s an additional way to earn on your terms. Are you in?

We’ve got exciting news that could mean big things for your business. Based on an overwhelming demand from our talent community, we’re launching a new way to earn on your terms called Project Catalog.

Formerly known as Pre-Packaged Projects in its beta form, Project Catalog allows you to package your services into pre-scoped projects that are easy for clients to browse and buy. 

Creating your own project offerings can help you gain new client exposure, land more projects, set clear expectations, and manage your workflow. It can also help you get clear and intentional about how you want to grow your business.

We’re committed to continually improving our platform and creating new ways to help you earn  — because growing your business starts with having the tools to run it well. 

Here’s how Project Catalog works: 

With Project Catalog, you can create a project offering that includes a set scope, cost, turnaround time, and number of revisions — neatly packaged up into a ‘purchasable’ project. Meanwhile, a client can search and browse based on offerings, and know right away if you’re a good fit for their needs.

How does this work in terms of your business? Good question. Consider one of the service offerings you provide frequently. If you’re a web developer, this could be something fairly concrete, like a 10-page website. While the details may change slightly from project to project, the offering is usually similar in scope. This makes it simple to wrap up your “10-page website” service offering into a set price that clients can easily buy.

If you’re a social media manager, for example, client requests may be less concrete. You may receive requests based on a goal rather than a deliverable. For example, a client comes to you wanting to increase their social media following to 100K. As the expert, you know the strategy, cadence, and deliverables necessary to make that happen. Instead of having a back and forth negotiation via messages that may go on for days or weeks, you can create a purchasable project template with a fixed cost that reflects your recommendation for these types of requests.

This process means clients come to you — all while helping simplify contracts, cut down ramp-up time, and more clearly sets expectations from the start. That means less time combing through postings, submitting proposals, and negotiating contracts. It’s another way to do more of the work you love to do.

Ready to try Project Catalog?

We believe that the best product experiences are created in collaboration with the people they’re made for. So we want to invite you to be part of making Project Catalog everything it can be with our Early Access Program.

With the Early Access Program, you’ll get to:

• Start creating your own projects today
  • Try out and review new features 
  • Be first in line for exposure when the client experience launches this fall
  • Enjoy new project protections: cancel a project within 24 hours of initiation, and remove one client review per month

How does the Early Access Program work?

Joining the Early Access Program gives you immediate access to Project Catalog, where you can start building out your projects in a way that’s digestible for clients and easy to sell. 

Over the next few weeks, we may reach out to you to check in on your progress and invite you to participate in one-on-one research sessions and private forums.

The work you do never ceases to impress us, and we can’t wait to see what kind of projects you create. The input you provide will also have a real impact on how Project Catalog works — so you have the opportunity to make it work for you.

We hope you’ll join us in making Upwork everything it can be — for you, for professionals like you, and for the clients we all serve!

Click here to get a first look at Project Catalog and join the Early Access Program.

If you'd like to learn more about Project Catalog and how to create your own projects, check out this helpful article.

Untitled
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
2 of 327

I have questions, the most important of which is this:

When a client selects one of these, does it automatically cause a contract to be started at the price listed, or does it start an interview where the final price is still to be negotiated based on the details of the client's needs?

Highlighted
Salima N Member Since: Aug 13, 2020
3 of 327

Hi,

While I was creating a project in the early access program I noticed that the project categorization does not include categories related to  Accounting, Finance, Tax, Audit. I am a Chartered Accountant so these categories are relevant to the services I provide. 

I would like to know if I am not able to see them or they are not really there? 

Secondly, The closest category I found is "Financial Consulting" which is listed as the subcategory of "Consulting & HR." Should I select that while creating a project? I think it doesn't really fit for services like preparing historical financial statements, Tax filings, Bookkeeping services, preliminary analysis for review engagement assignments, etc.

Project Categorization 1.pngProject Categorization 2.png

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 327

Hi Selima,

Financial Consulting is the closes category for you to choose at the moment. Since we are in the early stages of testing, you will see some areas that are still under construction. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely share it with the team.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
MD Shariar H Member Since: Oct 17, 2020
5 of 327

Hi, 

How long does it usually take to approve a project?  15 October submitted my project catalog 

Suggestion: It would be great to have a "Legal" category instead of having it as part  of the graphic design legal is a whole another field, and it would be nice to have labeling done properly

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 327

Hi Fatima,

I followed up with the team and your projects are now approved.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Md Nazmul Hasan D Member Since: May 6, 2017
7 of 327
To whom it may concern, hope you are doing well during this pandemic.
I created two project catalog on 17th October. It has been 6 days already without any update. So far I know that it should have taken upto 5 days. Would you like to help me to get the update, please ?

Thanks
Highlighted
Alina T Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
8 of 327

Hi.

Since we're still in the Early Access program for Project Catalog, can a moderator or a staff member look into the projects I have submitted for review a while back?

I would appreciate the support!

Thank you!

Highlighted
Fatema N Member Since: Aug 22, 2016
9 of 327

Hi,

I was invited to Upwork Early access program projects. I have created the project too on 15th october till now the project is in under review. Can you please tell me how long it needs to be approved?

Thanks 

Fatema

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
10 of 327

Hi Fatema, and Amjad,

Fatema, I'm sorry to hear about the delay in getting your projects reviewed. I followed up with the team and you can expect someone to reach out via email very soon.

Amjad, during our early access testing, please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. You can check out this help article for more information about Project Catalog.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS