cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join our Early Access Program for Project Catalog

Adam H Member Since: Apr 8, 2020
631 of 854

Big thank you to the entire Upwork team for building this feature!  I'm sure you're already hard at work on a number of great enhancements but I wanted to share my initial feedback for whatever it's worth...

Wish list:

1. Ability to customize the service tiers.  For example, add/remove tiers (so we're not locked into the standard 3) and configure our own unique options for each tier.
  2. Ability to customize the project category and specialty, or at least influence what shows up in the drop-downs.
  3. Ability to tag a project with specific keywords which are then tied to the search results.
  4. Ability to attach supporting documents/files to a project.
  5. Ability to show videos in the top carousel (in addition to just static images).
  6. Visibility into the total number of impressions and clicks our projects are getting.
  7. Visibility into which clients are viewing our projects (at least in an anonymous way like a breakdown by industry, location, etc.).
  8. Ability to bid on specific keywords or increase your exposure/ranking in some way.  For example, pay an extra $__ to have your project tile appear "above the fold" (perhaps on a rotating basis if there are more projects than space available).
  9. A sort order drop-down where clients can sort the projects by various dimensions such as price, freelancer rating, etc.
  10. Ability to access the Project Catalog via the main nav or a link in the header somewhere.

Questions:

1. What determines the order in which projects appear in the catalog?  From what I can tell it seems to be based largely on each freelancer's total number of jobs (completed + in progress), though it doesn't always follow that rule.
  2. One of the available filters on project category pages is "Budget".  When a client enters a min/max here, is it applied to the low end of your project budget (i.e., the "Starter" tier) or the high end (the "Advanced" tier) or both?  For example, let's say my "Starter" price is $500 and my "Advanced" price is $1000 and the client puts in a budget of $300 to $700.  Will my project be included in the results since at least one of my tiers falls in that range?
  3. Same question as #2 but for the "Delivery Time" filter.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!!

Abdul Samad I Member Since: Nov 16, 2020
632 of 854

Hi,

I have few questions:

1) How would I know If my project is part of an early acess program and I can enjoy its perk?

2) How to see on which page or rank is my project displayed?

3) What makes the project ramps up the search results?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
633 of 854

Hi Abdul Samad,

You can create a project and submit it for review. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. The projects will be visible in Upwork Project Catalog, a new marketplace for clients. Our traditional talent marketplace will operate as usual. Project Catalog will add another way for you to use Upwork. Our goal is always to bring more clients and opportunities to Upwork and clients have told us at times they would prefer to purchase pre-built projects rather than search for a freelancer, invite, interview, etc. This additional option simply gives freelancers a new way to sell their skills and clients a new way to get help with their projects. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

-Joanne
Untitled
Abdul Samad I Member Since: Nov 16, 2020
634 of 854
Hi,

I've already created a project and it has been approved. What I'd like to
know is that am I a part of "early access program"? Also, How do i know at
what position my project appears on search results?
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
635 of 854

Abdul Samad I wrote:
Hi,

I've already created a project and it has been approved. What I'd like to
know is that am I a part of "early access program"? Also, How do i know at
what position my project appears on search results?

Hi Abdul,

I apologize for the delay in following up on your question. 

Regarding your first question about Early Access, I can confirm you do have access to the Catalog Projects feature. 

To your second question, project ranking depends on the search query, talent quality, and offering competitiveness. We are actively tuning and updating our ranking strategy to ensure fairness and robustness.

Tanmay S Member Since: Sep 23, 2020
636 of 854

How to get approval for my project!? It say "Changes Needed" but didn't understand what to change! And no error in any field. Please help me out from here.

Thanks

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
637 of 854

Hi Tanmay,

When your project is rejected, you received an email with more information on why it was rejected. I suggest checking out that email and making the changes to your project. To learn more about the Project Catalog, you can check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
638 of 854

Thanks for the reply.

Yes! I received mail from UpWork and it says

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

But i didnt use any direct contact details. I just put 2 notes with it.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Anyway! I deleted those notes and submitted them again.

Regards

Oyeniran O Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
639 of 854
Seems it's a bug with upwork

Just wait a bit

Reload the page

and retry
640 of 854

Okay!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS