Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join our Early Access Program for Project Catalog

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
131 of 199

Hi Md. Saidur,

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. During our early access testing, please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ahmad S Member Since: Sep 9, 2019
132 of 199

Although this seems to be a copy of what fivrr is doing. This could bring ease for freelancers who send out proposals and at the same time the project's budget would be affected badly. The client will be more confused as they would not be able to differentiate between the quality.

Highlighted
Nuzrul S Member Since: Apr 6, 2019
133 of 199
Hello,
My gig status (early access program) is still pending, its almost 3 days past.
How much time will it take to approve?
Please have a look and fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance
Nuzrul Sheikh
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
134 of 199

Hi Nuzrul,

Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Oguzhan O Member Since: Oct 17, 2020
135 of 199

Hello! I submitted my early access programs projects on 10 Oct, 2020 and their status is still on "pending approval" stage.  Could you please help me? Thanks!

Highlighted
Audrey S Member Since: Sep 26, 2020
136 of 199

Hi! I'm experimenting with the Early Access Program and have some questions and a few suggestions/requests.

1. Privacy. “By submitting this project and activating it, I understand that it will appear in Upwork search results visible to the general public and will show up in search engine results, even if my profile visibility is set to Private or Upwork Users Only.” -- Exactly what will show up for the general public? The preview I see when I'm logged in includes photo, first name last initial, location, overview from your general profile, JSS, star rating, response time, and all your reviews. Will all this show up to the public even if my profile is set to Upwork Users Only? (If so, I recommend changing this.)

2. Payment and Revisions. If a project involves revisions, when does a freelancer get paid for the project? And can you please change the field for "Number of Revisions" to allow zero revisions? I am trying to create projects in the following specialties where it does not make sense to have revisions, but it is not an option:

• Writing & Translation --> Book Editing
  • Writing & Translation --> Proofreading & Editing
  • Lifestyle --> Spiritual & Healing
  • Lifestyle --> Greeting Cards & Videos

As an example of why this doesn't always work well -- one of the things I offer is developmental editing for novels and memoirs. A client might have follow-up questions for me after delivery, and they might eventually want me to look over a revised manuscript, but they are not going to ask ME to revise my feedback for them, and they are not going to have a revised manuscript for me to look at for months and months. (This is very different from, say, editing a personal statement for a college application, where a couple of rounds of quick back-n-forth editing and reviewing of multiple drafts might be a typical workflow... but even there, someone might want to offer/purchase just a one-off.)

3. Checkboxes for Content Type under the "Proofreading & Editing" category -- please change to allow more than one content type.

4. Checkboxes for Book Type and for Genre under the "Book Editing" category -- please change to allow more than one book type and genre. (I have multiple projects where I am advertising a particular service for both novels and memoirs, and the checkboxes don't align with that.)

5. Service tier options for both the "Book Editing" and "Proofreading & Editing" categories -- please include the following service tier options: Line Editing, Copyediting, Developmental Editing.

6. How does a freelancer turn off availability so that no one can purchase their project during specific times?

7. It would be really really really great if this was used to set up an offer, rather than start a project, so the freelancer and client had the possibility of communication before confirming/starting, and there is an opportunity to adjust timelines, vet clients, and better manage workload.

7. It would be nice to be able to match a specific (specialized or general) profile to each project.

Thanks!
-Audrey

Highlighted
Audrey S Member Since: Sep 26, 2020
137 of 199

Two more questions:

Once I submit a project for review, can I go back and make edits later? (And if so, do I have to wait until the review is complete?)

And how to incorporate terms for the project that are different from Upwork's default terms? For instance, retaining copyright or usage rights to some content. Am I covered if I include it in the FAQ or project description?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Anna B Member Since: Sep 23, 2019
138 of 199

Yay! 

Actually tried to fill out a few projects today and came to website design deliverables and couldn't find any relevant ones. Would you be so kind to update the deliverables and add Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma and Webflow to it? 

It looks weird to just check .psd in 2020 Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
139 of 199

Hi Anna, Tony and Pawan,

Thanks for reaching out! Since we are in the early stages of testing, you will see some areas that are still under construction. We'll share your feedback about the deliverables, category and description options you'd like to have included with our product team. Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Tony R Member Since: Oct 15, 2020
140 of 199

Hi Guys – In the new Project - your categories suggest the option for Sellers to provide Video Projects yet your Project Form does not allow a facility for Sellers to put Links to their Youtube Channels or Video Examples. People will want to see examples of work before they buy – Please address this and let me know when included.
(Video is the future)

Tony

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS