Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join our Early Access Program for Project Catalog

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
31 of 199

I said the other day I'd follow up with other things that I think need to be tweaked in this product before it would be useful to my type of work. Here they are, just based on two passes through the screens:

1) First and foremost, again, it must not create a contract off the bat. It needs to go to an interview or at most an offer. Without that, nothing else matters.

2) There needs to be additional options for deliverables under the pricing tiers, preferably freelancer-defined. The ones listed for editing and proofreading are far from sufficient. The only two levels of editing listed are "Grammar and Syntax Review" and "Structural Edit". We're missing (at least) copyediting, line editing, developmental editing. It's would be best if these were able to be defined by the freelancer for clear specification and differentiation of services.

3) Under book editing, we can only choose one genre. I edit regularly in five of those listed (and it's far from a complete list), so I would use 5 of my 7 available projects right here. Allow unlimited choices for genre and, preferably, the ability to add more.

4) There needs to be more flexibility in the pricing tiers and, preferably, the ability to calculate the cost based on the size parameter (word count in the case of editing). I price primarily by word in addition to the specific editing needs of the client. While I can (and often do) round to 500 or 1000 words, there's no way to fit that into three slots. So, we would need either a fairly flexible pricing calculator, a "starting at" option, or unlimited pricing tiers.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Susan S Member Since: Aug 22, 2020
32 of 199

I so agree!  The way it's set up it pigeonholes you and there's no flexibility.  I'm willing to try it if some things are changed.  Having a couple of projects and still being able to go look through the jobs might be fine.  I can picture that some clients will try to take advantage of the projects and not in good way, however others might want to be more specific and go the message and talk route.

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Jessica D Upwork Staff Member Since: Jul 19, 2018
33 of 199

Hi Susan! I am a User Researcher with Upwork, and I *really* appreciate when our freelancers take the time to share their concerns! I was particularly interested in your response here because it sounds like you may be interested in Catalog if some of those concerns are addressed.  I'd love to understand a little bit more about what you (and I'm sure others) are feeling- if we could change anything about Project Catalog that would make it feel more flexible for projects like yours and safe to use with clients, what would you have us change?

Highlighted
MD Shariar H Member Since: Oct 17, 2020
34 of 199

6 days my project catalog not approve Why? What's wrong?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
35 of 199

Hi MD and Muhammad,

Please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the review to be completed. I would like to clarify that weekends are not counted as business days. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Iram G Member Since: Oct 9, 2020
36 of 199
I joined new program in project catalog and created a project. I submitted that project for review but instead of appearing in under review category, it is being shown in drafts.

What does it mean? Is my profile not submitted for review or it has been rejected for modification?
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
37 of 199

Hi Iram,

Please go the drafts tab and click on the three dots, once you`re there click edit and complete your project up to 6th step.

Once this is done, you will have the option to submit it for a review. 

I would also like to point out that your profile photo needs to be from yourself. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Meshac Paul E Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
38 of 199

i have my project approved. i want to know when it will be available for buyer to buy, I want to also know hiw the Project will be ranker on Upwork so that buy can see it. '

Thanks

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
39 of 199

Thanks for your question, Meshac Paul.

If you create a project as part of our Early Access Program, it will later be visible on your profile and showcased on a new marketplace for clients, called Project Catalog. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ogunmokun K Member Since: May 26, 2019
40 of 199
Hello freelancers, i have issues after i imported a gig from third part party freelancing app, my gig is shown as draft instead of Reviewing, is there a solution to that or i create manually, thanks in advance.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS