Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching the new oDesk Community Platform

Ace Contributor
Sk Arif H Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
31 of 63

Hello Garnor,

Thanks for organizing this webinar and I do hope that would benefit the freelancers who are using this platform.

Thanks and have a great weekend to you and all the team members on Elance-oDesk who is continuing to try their best to outdo all the problems we have mentioned in the community forum.

With Best Regards,

Arif

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
32 of 63

Thanks for joining Arif. A please to speak with you and other Community participants!

Ace Contributor
33 of 63

Hi,

Thanks for the appreciation Smiley Happy

I have shared my concerns about the community platform via the email we received upon registration. Hope you would read it.

Thanks and have a good day to you and other members on Elance-oDesk.

Regards,

Arif

Ace Contributor
34 of 63

Hi Garnor,

I just want to thank you for organizing amazing webinar session for us and hope that this will continue in near future.

Thanks and have a great day Smiley Happy

With Best Regards,

Arif

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
35 of 63

Is the Idea Exchange feature ready yet for members' use?

Is the feedback area like the one in the old forum going to be added to the new forum?

Other notes: I read in this thread about "New forum categories," and subsequently initiated a new post (oDesk Community / Job Skill Discussions) about some apparent inconsistencies and lack of further definition and examples as to usage.

Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
36 of 63

WOW this change is FABULOUS. I am SO HAPPY that RSS feeds are enabled. Way to go oDesk!

Community Manager
37 of 63

Hi all,

We've updated a couple of the requests voiced by some of you. 

1. Reply with Quote functionality is now live. After clicking the "Reply" button on a thread, you'll see the "Quote" button appear at the top right corner of the reply box.

2. Double page navigation on longer threads. For threads that extend past a page, we've added page numbers at the bottom so you can quickly change pages without needing to scroll to the top of the page.

We still have a couple of other items on our radar including some design "clean up" and a redesign of your Community profile page which will help you better track and respond to your Community activity and easily navigate to a user's oDesk work profile if they have a public viewable one.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
38 of 63

Thanks, Garnor. It's good to have the quote functionality back and it's nice not always having to scroll back to the top to navigate to the next page. I like the orange bubbles for "hot topics" as well and the arrow makes it easier to see the topics I replied to. I was hoping that the issue with the usernames would be fixed as well given that it's quite the security risk but that still seems to be in the works.

Can you confirm that that's something you guys are working on or have you decided that showing usernames is not that big of a deal after all?

Also, the "email me when someone replies" function is still not working for me.

Community Manager
39 of 63

Hi Krisztina,

Thanks for the follow up. Let me know where you're still seeing username info, as we should corrected that. If there's an area we missed, we'll get on it.

Yes, the "email me when someone replies" functionality is something we're working to resolve. I appreciate your patience. 

Thanks again and glad to hear you like some of the improvements.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
40 of 63

Hi Garnor

When clicking on a user to get to their community profile, the user name is right there in the tab name for a few seconds. Same is true when refreshing the profile. Hope it helps

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS