cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching the new oDesk Community Platform

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
41 of 63

Thanks for the follow up Krisztina. Very helpful.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
42 of 63

Garnor, I wanted to follow up with you on this issue since the user names still show. Will this be fixed or is displaying half of the log in for a few seconds something oDesk is okay with? Thanks

Community Guru
43 of 63

Any news on this Garnor? User names are still on blast, especially for visitors that aren't logged in.

Community Manager
44 of 63

Where are you seeing this Krisztina? We updated this a couple of months ago so your private oDesk username is not visible.

Community Guru
45 of 63

Garnor, on February 7, 2015 at 03:20 AM I pointed you to one of the places that the user name for users who restricted their profile access can be looked up.

"When clicking on a user to get to their community profile, the user name is right there in the tab name for a few seconds. Same is true when refreshing the profile. Hope it helps"

Additionally, it shows up in other places as well. Examples attached. Please delete the screenshots once you saw this message so the user names can be protected.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
46 of 63

Garnor,

If I click on any private message i have sent or received, it gives me options to "add (oDesk username) to friends/ block (oDesk username) etc.

Community Manager
47 of 63

Super helfpul Stephen and Krisztina, thanks. 

We had made updates earlier in the year to hide any visibility into this, but it appears that update didn't include these cases. 

Thanks again, we'll get it fixed.

Community Manager
48 of 63

Hi Krisztina,

We pushed an update that should hide the usernames from the message buttons you noted in one of your screenshots. The quick appearance in the browser tab is a tougher one for us to resolve, so we're still investigating. 

Community Guru
49 of 63

One fixed, two more to go but I am pleased to see some progress on this. When you click to see who gave kudos, you're taken to the "who kudoed this page". Right under the subject line of the post, it shows the user name as the author of the post. 

Tanya A Member Since: May 11, 2016
50 of 63

"Hello Garnor M"

Thank you for your instructions of launching the new communication platform.

I am new in oDesk upwork as a Freelancer. Your instructions benefited me.

I am wired to work in upwork communnity. I am working in reply batton with your instruction. But i lay in some problem in post message about Rich text,HTML,Preview,Quote,Email,Vew discussion in popup. Please tell some thing about the problem with your wise experience.  

Your Faithfull

Tanya A                                   **Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS