cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Filters in Search are coming!

Employee
Tam L Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
11 of 34

Hi Dawn - super soon. Like this week soon. Latest Friday. 

I'll let you know if any thing changes.

Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
12 of 34

Tam L wrote:

Hi Dawn - super soon. Like this week soon. Latest Friday. 

I'll let you know if any thing changes.

Sweet! Thanks for letting us know!

Please consider my suggestion regarding filtering jobs by experience level requirements. As a freelancer primarily working on fixed rate gigs, this could be incredibly useful and reduce the amount of time it takes me to browse the job listings.

Employee
13 of 34

Hi Dawn - sorry for confusion.

My response of 'super soon' was meant for your request of filtering fixed rate jobs by experience. 

=)

Community Guru
14 of 34

Oh!! Fantastic! What about the ETA for when the filter by country feature will be released? I just checked my job search and have noticed that it's not released yet. Any idea on how soon that will be available also?

Employee
15 of 34

Location - hopefully Thursday as well. If not mid January. 

Fingers crossed

Employee
16 of 34

Hi Mariska - 

Nope. We had it in the works.

I actually have a bunch of stuff I want to work on (a lot of it you all requested) but he as one person w/ no overhead can move a lot faster I can ever hope to. As simple as it sounds to create a single filter, there's always a bunch of issues that have to be considered, which unfortunately makes things slow. 

I've actually been chatting with Wassim since he's built the extension, and I've mentioned this to him before, but I'm thankful and grateful that he's doing things on his own. One, it's great to see people take action; two, it provides me with concrete examples of what you all want. 

=)

Employee
17 of 34

Hi everyone - filter by location AND filter fixed price jobs by experience are live.

Happy Friday!

James M Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
18 of 34

Is there any way to get the $, $$, and $$$ filters in the search to match the actual budget?

Right now, those dollar signs mean nothing, making searching for appropriate jobs a joke.

There was a $$$ so-called expert job just now that paid $3 per 500-word story. Another one offered $$$ for a 10-page in-depth whitepaper at a budget of $75. There are dozens of these $$$ jobs that offer $25 or less a story.

I hope we can agree those are not expert rates.

Community Guru
19 of 34

Fantastic news, Tam! Thank you!

James M wrote:

Is there any way to get the $, $$, and $$$ filters in the search to match the actual budget?

Right now, those dollar signs mean nothing, making searching for appropriate jobs a joke.

There was a $$$ so-called expert job just now that paid $3 per 500-word story. Another one offered $$$ for a 10-page in-depth whitepaper at a budget of $75. There are dozens of these $$$ jobs that offer $25 or less a story.

I hope we can agree those are not expert rates.

Unfortunately, James, since those things are selected by the client when they post their jobs, I don't think there's anything Upwork can do about them. Would be nice, though, wouldn't it?

James M Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
20 of 34

But why should the clients be able to choose without backing it up in the budget?

It's dishonest.Why can't each & category be tied to a specific number?

I've found a couple of decent clients here. But the search parameters that allow those kinds of jobs to be listed as $$$ mean I'm not likely to bother coming here in the future.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS