Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Filters in Search are coming!

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
31 of 34

re: "Maybe if Upwork would make the new clients provide (important) details like their location and payment verification before they can post a job"

For me, personally, a client's location has no part in my decision making about which jobs to apply for or accept.

It is fine for me if clients don't identify their name or location. My preference would be for such things to be optional for clients, and let contractors choose whether or not those things are important to them personally.

ekolis
Ace Contributor
Edward K Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
32 of 34

Sorry, to resurrect this old thread, but is this feature ever going to be implemented? I get a lot of jobs in my feed located in India where they want to pay $1 an hour, which as an American I can't live off of, and ones in Europe where I need to be online in the middle of the night to talk with the client.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 34

Hi Edward,

Location filter is already available in Job Search:

Screenshot_23.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
ekolis
Ace Contributor
Edward K Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
34 of 34

Thanks! It's rather confusing when the "advanced search" has fewer options than the regular search, so when I check advanced and don't find a location option, I tend to assume it's not in the regular search either.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS