cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Location Verification

Olivier B Member Since: Oct 6, 2018
71 of 733

This is sadly how I felt to be honest. Limiting the proof of location to documents that only UK citizens can obtain is effectively exluding people with other nationalities to apply to the job. I fail to see how this is non-discriminatory. I'm in touch with someone from the staff I'll let you know how it goes.

Kaisa S Member Since: Apr 7, 2017
72 of 733

I'm originally from Finland, but I've been living in the UK for several years. So far, it's been very easy for EU citizens to live and work in the UK, as no special permits are needed. I'm registered as a freelancer in Britain under the HMRC, have a National Insurance Number etc.  Upwork keeps asking me to verify my location, but the only accepted documents are either British passport or a British driver's license. However, I don't have a British passport because I'm not British. I also don't have a British driver's license because I don't drive. Does this mean there is simply no way for me to verify my location?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
73 of 733

Hi Kaisa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you with verifying your location. You'll receive an email notification once they send you a support ticket.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Izabela K Member Since: Oct 9, 2018
74 of 733

Help, please Smiley Happy I want to verify my location, but I'm stuck. I live in the UK, but I'm an EU national, so I don't have a UK passport to confirm or a driving licence. Is there any other way for me to confirm my location and how? Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
75 of 733

Hi Izabela,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Chloe G Member Since: Oct 16, 2018
76 of 733

Hi, I currently have a UK Visa which allows me to work in the UK as a Canadian. How do I verify my location in this case? 

77 of 733

Hi Chloe,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your location verification process, thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Mirko G Member Since: Oct 22, 2018
78 of 733

Hi all,

I just joined Upwork and am supposed to provide proof of my residence in the UK. I am an expat with an official residence certificate for the UK, but I do not hold a UK passport or UK driving license, which seem to be the only documents accepted. Please advise!
Thanks

Mirko

79 of 733

Hi Mirko,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your concern, thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Alkisti K Member Since: Jun 11, 2018
80 of 733

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Can someone from your team reach out to me as well please?

Thank you,
Alkisti