cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I'm a Danish citizen living in the UK. How do I confirm my location?

Highlighted
Ines M Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
111 of 1,158

Hi,

I just registered with Upwork and wanted to start working as a translator. I live in the UK but I have a Portuguese passport. When I try to verify it, I am asked for a British passport or driver's license. How can I sove this problem? Thank you.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
112 of 1,158

Hi Ines,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you with verifying your location. You'll receive an email notification once they send you a support ticket.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
113 of 1,158

Hi Chris,

Your location is in the U.K and there are jobs that are available only to freelancers in the U.K. This is why this option is on your My jobs page. If you are not interested with the job posts under the U.K. only list, please click on the My job feed option. I'll be sure to share this with the team for consideration as well. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
114 of 1,158

Hi Nathan,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via email to assist you directly. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Nathan A Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
115 of 1,158

I don't have an UK driver's license or passport, but I live in London.

Is it possible to confirm my location somehow?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Chris M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
116 of 1,158

Hey Upworkers! Hope everyone keeping as busy as bees lol Smiley Happy 

I wanted to ask a question about "Find Jobs" / My Job Feed. Recently i noticed that when i click into the find work sections, it defaults to listings for UK only. Is there anyway of changing this from that so that it defaults to the one below which is "My Job Feed" rather than UK? The UK one isnt really helping me in my niche so im having to take 1 addtional step to select My Job Feed underneath it each time which is a minor pain, the joys lol. 

Highlighted
Ruyi D Member Since: Nov 7, 2018
117 of 1,158

I am having the same problem.  How can I fix it?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
118 of 1,158

Hi Ruyi ,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Edward J Member Since: Oct 24, 2018
119 of 1,158

Hi,

I'm an Australian citizen living in London.

I have an Australian Passport and a United Kingdom Residence Permit (otherwise known as biometric ID).

I don't have a UK drivers licence and the system doesn't seem to recognise the biometric ID which is my primary form of Identification in the United Kingdom.

Thanks,

Ed.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
120 of 1,158

Hi Edward,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further on how to verify your location. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS