cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
611 of 663

Hi Madi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your location, thank you.

Untitled
Charlotte F Member Since: Jan 20, 2019
612 of 663

Hi,

Like other members in this thread, I live in the UK but I don't have a British passport or driver's licence to get verified. I have dual citizenship (French and British) so I could provide a British Citizenship Certificate, French ID or proof of address (NIN, etc.).

Would it please be possible to be verified without the required documents?

Many thanks,

Charlotte

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
613 of 663

Hi Charlotte,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Bohdan D Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
614 of 663

Hi, I'm now living in the UK,  and I have only a residence permit card. Can I submit my location in another way?  Thanks

615 of 663

Hi Bohdan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Daria P Member Since: Jan 2, 2019
616 of 663

Hi,

I have been living permanently in the UK for 6 years, self-employed but don't have British passport. Please, verify my location so I can apply for jobs.

Thanks,

Daria

Highlighted
617 of 663

Hi Daria,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Alvaro B Member Since: Jan 21, 2019
618 of 663

Hi,

I'm an EU national living in the UK for +2 years, how can I prove my location without a british passport/driving license?

Cheers

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
619 of 663

I am sure Upwork has been helping many EU FLs  living in the UK with their verification. However,I think it is time to mention, that despite the uncertainty surrounding Brexit, the UK Home Office has now published the rules and regs concerning legal status for EU citizens living in the UK and how to register. This can be now be done online by some EU citizens, or as from March 2019 and it is obligatory (unless by some happy miracle Article 50 were to be revoked). In short, EU citizens will be granted the right to stay if they have lived for five consecutive years in the country. If they have lived there for two years, they can apply for pre-settlement status. The registration fee is £65.00 and the cut-off point (for the moment), is June 2021. r

Upwork should also take note of the changes about to happen in the UK as freelancing/taxation is likely to be affected as well.  

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

ETA: (19.51) Theresa May, the British Prime Minister, scrapped the registration fee about the time I posted this. 

620 of 663

Hi Alvaro,

I've shared your account information with our team, and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further with your location verification.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled