Re: Location Verification

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
551 of 1,023

Upwork has a whole page about this.

They're very flexible.

A driver's license is NOT required.

May use passport, government-issued ID, Green Card with photo ID, etc.

Honestly, they seem to be bending over backwards to allow anybody in any location to be able to do verification...

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067788-Location-Government-ID-Verification

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 3.22.56 PM.png

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
552 of 1,023

Hi Andreea, 

You should be able to verify your location with any government issued photo ID, and a document with a proof of residence within the past six months. I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and a member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with your manual location verification. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Krystian N Member Since: Jun 17, 2019
553 of 1,023

Hi Joanne, could you please provide me a support in the same case? I am living in UK but with EU ID.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
554 of 1,023

Thank you for reaching out to us, Krystian.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Natasha N Member Since: Oct 3, 2019
555 of 1,023

Hello, I'd like to verify my location. I live in the UK but have a Greek passport and no driver's license. What should I do?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
556 of 1,023

Hi Natasha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Kevser I Member Since: Oct 9, 2019
557 of 1,023

Hi everyone, 

I have the same problem. I haven't a British driving licence or passport. I have a biometric residence permit card, which shows I'm eligible to work in the UK. 

How can I verify my location?

Cheers,

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
558 of 1,023

Hi Kevser, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your concern.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Elpis C Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
559 of 1,023

Hello!

I'd like to submit proposals for uk only jobs. I need to verify location by submitting british passport. Problem is... I live and work in the UK, but I have a greek passport. What other ways are there to verify my location?

Thanks,

Elpis

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
560 of 1,023

Hi Elpis,

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you in completing the location verification process, thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS