Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1131 of 1,213

Hi Andreea-Bianca, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to look into your account. Please expect a member of our team to reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Kristjan C Member Since: Sep 28, 2019
1132 of 1,213
You require UK drivers license or British passport for UK freelancers
this is discriminatory for other EU nationals - their documents should also be accepted if they are UK residents and working in the UK. Why this unnecessary hoop ?
Marta D Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
1133 of 1,213
Hi i am very disappointed with your system. In the UK i tried to get work but i could not confirm my identity as it was only allowed UK documents. My documents are portuguese but I lived in UK until 2 weeks ago. Eventually i gave up. I now moved to greece and while i have been able to upload my id and get verified, im being asked to provide a statement of address which I cannot for the time being as the house im renting + all bills are in my landlords name. I actually dont have an address because the village where i live doesnt have street names our house numbers. Mail is sorted in a very oldfashioned way. Not only this is unfair, it also borders on discrimination, which is very disappointing. How can i go around this please? I have managed to submit some proposals uploading my id again instead of address but i can no longer do that.
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1134 of 1,213

Hi Marta, 

I checked your account and see that our team already reached out to you regarding your location verification. Please reply to the ticket so that the agent can help you further with the documents needed in order for you to complete the verification process. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Marta D Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
1135 of 1,213
Yes please I would like help with the process. Thank you
Highlighted
Krishna Chaitanya K Member Since: Nov 24, 2019
1136 of 1,213

ID document not accepted 

Im trying to upload my BRP card but it is not accepted please let me know how to verify my location 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1137 of 1,213

Hi Krishna Chaitanya,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ibrahima C Member Since: Nov 26, 2019
1138 of 1,213

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, I'm a EU citizen living in the UK.  Can someone from your team reach out to me as well please?

Thanks

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1139 of 1,213

Hi Hessyz,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Asjad B Member Since: Dec 1, 2019
1140 of 1,213

I've just moved to Uk a couple of months ago  and I have changed my Upwork location to Uk to cater the market here, but I am being asked for british passport and uk driving licence. Since I am a permenant resident here I do not hold a british passport. I can provide my passport and my Uk based company documents for verification. Please let me know how to proceed now. Thanks

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS