Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Location confirmation problem

Highlighted
Richard W Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
1071 of 1,113

Hi,

I am having trouble verifying my location. I am being asked by Upwork for an UK passport of a UK drivers licence. I do not have either of those unfortunately. I have been living and working in the UK since 2013 but my passport is from Ireland and I do not drive. I have bank statements with UK addresses going back to 2015. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Many thanks,

Richard

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1072 of 1,113

Hi Richard,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Kornelia T Member Since: Mar 15, 2020
1073 of 1,113

Jobs with location requirement - I am a European citizen living in the UK for 7 years and I am not able to use up work for UK because you ask for a British passport or a British driving license. I find it extremely discriminatory. I can prove my location in another way but you’re not giving any options. How could you fix the situation?

Highlighted
1074 of 1,113

Hi Kornelia,

I'm sorry for any trouble this may have caused you. Please know that Upwork doesn't tolerate discrimination. I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket in completing the location verification process. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Adriana S Member Since: Dec 28, 2017
1075 of 1,113

Hello everyone,

I've recently joined UpWork and while trying to verify my UK location, I've realized there are only two official ways to do so: with a British passport or a British driving license. The problem is I have none of these. I have bank statements, work agreements and tenancy agreements. Is there any way that I could verify my location with one of these?

Thank you, much appreciated.

Highlighted
1076 of 1,113

Hi Adriana,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in completing the location verification process. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Harry B Member Since: Mar 22, 2020
1077 of 1,113

Hi, im trying to set up a an account and when i submit my UK driving license as a identity check the upwork system does not reconigise it. 

I am unable to contact any support staff to un lock my account, any help here?

thank you 

Highlighted
1078 of 1,113

Hi Harry,

I checked your account, and it seems like you already have reached out to our team directly. One of our team members will update your ticket and assist you further in verifying your location. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Nabil V Member Since: Mar 29, 2020
1079 of 1,113

Hi Guys

Hope you are well.

i need to send some proposals for a UK client but i am EU but will become British soon.

what can i do?

thanks

Highlighted
1080 of 1,113

Hi Nabil,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled