cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify Location

antoniozack
Antonio Z Member Since: Nov 25, 2019
851 of 1,829

Hello, I'm still having the same problem, nothing was solved yet. I've received no e-mail and I still cannot apply for the UK Only jobs. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
852 of 1,829

Hi Antonio,

I understand your frustration with this and our team will assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
farhaanb
Farhan B Member Since: May 4, 2020
853 of 1,829

Hi, I moved to UK few months ago and now i have started again my ferelance journey. I need to verify my loaction in UK as i have only BRP. I don't have driving license. Please help me to verify my location with BRP 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
854 of 1,829

Thank you for reaching out to us, Farhan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
2470e5f2
Oana I Member Since: May 5, 2020
855 of 1,829

Hi I am unable to apply to some jobs because I can't verify my location. I am an EU citizen living in the UK and to verify my location I am being asked to upload my British Driving Licence or my British passport, which is not possible. Are there any other documents I could provide to verify my location? I would appreciate your soonest answer as I plan to apply to some jobs which strictly require my location to be verified. Thanks in advance for your support!

bstojadinovic
856 of 1,829

Hi Oana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
elaine_3101
Elaine S Member Since: Apr 16, 2020
857 of 1,829

Hi,

I confirmed my identity by sending in my permanent residency card for the UK and having the visual chat. However, I'm blocked from applying for UK-only jobs. When I click 'verify' I am asked to present a UK passport only.

I assume this must be some kind of mistake because it would be discrimination otherwise. Would anyone be able to help me with the next steps?

Much appreciated. : )

bstojadinovic
858 of 1,829

Thank you for reaching out to us, Elaine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
157d5f80
Arnis M Member Since: May 4, 2020
859 of 1,829

So I recently signed up to upwork and have noticed that I need to verify my location by using a passport that is native to the U.K. However I migrated here 10 years ago and I still have my european passport. Is there any way to verify my location otherwise, or will I have to stick to the worse jobs?

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
860 of 1,829

You can use a driver's license or other form of official photo I.D. to confirm your location. But you might be disappointed when you see that there are just as many low-paying jobs in the UK marketplace as in the general one. (I've found lots of good clients in countries besides the UK, too.)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS