cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

mvlad-design
Madalin V Member Since: Feb 19, 2021
1831 of 1,894

Same issue here. Living as a student in the UK but without any british ID.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1832 of 1,894

Hi Madalin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
m-a-popa
Matthew P Member Since: Feb 22, 2021
1833 of 1,894

Hello!

I have recently created an Upwork account and I would like to apply for UK-only jobs. I have been living in the UK for almost 6 months now, and I even have documents to prove it (bank statements, for example). However, I am an EU national, and I only have my national ID card, passport and drving license. I possess pre-settled status (limited leave to enter) the UK, but neither a British passport nor driving license. Would someone be able to suggest a way for me to verify my location?

Thank you in advance!

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1834 of 1,894

Hi Matei-Alexandru,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
edwardbyrne47
Edward B Member Since: Feb 13, 2021
1835 of 1,894

Hi Support/Community

I'm trying to apply for a job which requires the freelancer to be in the UK. The Upwork platform sytem to prove location is to upload a British passport and driving licence. I don't have either of those things because I'm Irish... and I am in the UK. I'm also perfectly qualified to do this job.

This way of proving location (or indeed suitability for this job) is crazy. Even if I had a British passport, does that mean I would be suitable?

I am in fact super qualified for this job because I'm an expert on the topic.

Sad...

tinker_bell3
1836 of 1,894

Hi Edward,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
sahkhan
Ahsan H Member Since: Mar 5, 2021
1837 of 1,894
I live in London UK, and have right work. I do not have passport or driving license. Can I use my Biometric Resident Permit BRP for verification?
tinker_bell3
1838 of 1,894

Hi Ahsan,

~ Joanne
Upwork
a4e68f55
Amber P Member Since: Mar 8, 2021
1839 of 1,894

I just joined upwork and now I'm stuck at location verification.

I live in the UK but I'm not from here. I'm an immigrant. Why can't there be an option list for other international residents? It feels like Upwork is very short minded and difficult toward skilled worker migrants....

tinker_bell3
1840 of 1,894

Hi Amber,

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS