Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

3fb1bd15
Nella G Member Since: Nov 9, 2020
1061 of 1,570

Hi, 

I am French and live in the UK . I have the pre-settled status document that proves it.  To apply to my first job I was asked to prove my location and to provide with my English passport or English driving license... really? No one at Upwork imagined there are other nationalities living in the UK? I tried to provide my pre-settled status document and of course if wasn't accepted. What can I do next? 

Thanks, 

Nell 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1062 of 1,570

Hi Nella,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
sjayasuriya
Sara J Member Since: Nov 17, 2020
1063 of 1,570

I'm a new permanent resident in the UK trying to apply for a UK-only job on Upwork, but it says I can only verify my location with a UK driver's license or British passport, neither of which I have. I live and work in the UK, and I can prove this, but not with the IDs specified. Is there any way for me to verify my location with my permanent resident card instead? Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1064 of 1,570

Hi Sara,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
ff214e64
Zuzanna S Member Since: Nov 26, 2020
1065 of 1,570

Hi,

I have lived in UK for the past 6 years, I worked for a London-based company, I rent a house here. I would like to apply for jobs advertised by UK based cllients. But I am not a British national, I have a EU passport. And therefore I am unable to confirm my location (the systems requires a photo of British passport/driving licence). Are the 'UK only' jobs aimed at UK based designers or British nationals? If these are for the British nationals only could this be made clrear on the main page? I just spent a lot of time preparing a proposal for a 'UK only' job and I am unable to submit it without a British passport.

Thanks

Zuzanna

g_vasilevski
1066 of 1,570

Hi Zuzanna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
aoifelouisemc
Aoifelouise M Member Since: May 30, 2019
1067 of 1,570

I'm live and work in the UK, but I have an Irish passport. How do I confirm my identification and location? Please help!!

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1068 of 1,570

Hi Aoifelouise,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
golubevs_nils
Nils K Member Since: Nov 27, 2020
1069 of 1,570
Hi. I live in UK but do not have a UK id nor a driving license. how can I verify my location? I have just finished Univesity there, I have a permanent UK residence permit and bank account
g_vasilevski
1070 of 1,570

Hi Nils,

Untitled