Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1081 of 1,572

Hi Sanjana,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your location verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
deeptich
Deepti C Member Since: Nov 23, 2020
1082 of 1,572

I recently moved to UK from India and when I tried to apply for few projects which are for freelancers located in UK only, Upwork is asking for UK verification,

It just gives only 2 options for verifictaion - UK driving license and British Passport. But I am on Indian passport with ILR (Indefinite leaveto remain) and I don't drive so not having local driving license.

Can someone at Upwork please provide me the option for Visa proofs instead of these 2 proofs. UK home office does approve all of ILR holder to work freely in UK and I think Upwork should also allow this.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1083 of 1,572

Hi Deepti,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
mkristinm
Kristin M Member Since: Apr 29, 2017
1084 of 1,572

I'm trying to verify my location. I live in London, UK, but I'm not a UK citizen. Therefore I don't have a British ID or drivers license. It doesn't let me scan an alternative document such as a bank statement or sth. Thank you! Anybody knows what to do? 

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1085 of 1,572

Hi Kristin,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
elnaril
Olivier D Member Since: Dec 23, 2020
1086 of 1,572

Hello,

I'm interrested in a job which has a location requirement. To verify my location, Upwork asks a passeport or driving licence delivered by the required country.

I am a resident of this country but not a citizen so I don't have these legal documents. I have their equivalents from the country I am an actually citizen, though.

So my questions are: Is the requirement about residency or citizenship ?

If it is residency, how can I be verified ? (My passeport was rejected)

If it is citizenship, how can I access to the jobs reserved to my country, since my address differs ?

Best regards

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1087 of 1,572

Thank you for reaching out to us, Olivier.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
lafuser
Laura F Member Since: Oct 25, 2020
1088 of 1,572

Hi Olivier

Having the same issue and was wondering if you managed to get verified not having a British ID.

I did ask the question before but nobody ever replied Smiley Sad

8a7f3a49
Haseeb A Member Since: Dec 24, 2020
1089 of 1,572

I'm trying to apply to a UK posting - however I've been asked to verify my location by uploading an image of a U.K. driving licence/British passport. 

I have neither of these - is there another way for me to verify my location?

Thanks

Haseeb

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1090 of 1,572

Hi Haseeb,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled