Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
101 of 561

@Nichola L wrote:

Then Upwork has got it even more wrong than I realized and the "verification" process is seriously skewed.Smiley Sad

You think Smiley Wink ?

You can have a UK licence and verify that you are in the UK and not be legally allowed to be there for all Upwork cares...

All you need is to be able to prove you're there with a licence, legal or not.

The location verification nonsense is only designed to verify where you are, not whether you are there legally.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
102 of 561

@Petra R wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

Then Upwork has got it even more wrong than I realized and the "verification" process is seriously skewed.Smiley Sad

You think Smiley Wink ?

You can have a UK licence and verify that you are in the UK and not be legally allowed to be there for all Upwork cares...

All you need is to be able to prove you're there with a licence, legal or not.

The location verification nonsense is only designed to verify where you are, not whether you are there legally.

But I still don't understand why this only applies to the UK. If I were back in the UK, would I not be verified because I have an Irish passport (accepted by the Brits for the moment) and a French driving licence? By the way, when I did my verification a few weeks ago, my French driving licence was not accepted, so I had to show my Irish passport - go figure. 

System skewed - no wonder a few clients are tearing their hair out. 

Ines M Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
103 of 561

Hi,

I just registered with Upwork and wanted to start working as a translator. I live in the UK but I have a Portuguese passport. When I try to verify it, I am asked for a British passport or driver's license. How can I sove this problem? Thank you.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
104 of 561

Hi Ines,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you with verifying your location. You'll receive an email notification once they send you a support ticket.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
105 of 561

Hi Chris,

Your location is in the U.K and there are jobs that are available only to freelancers in the U.K. This is why this option is on your My jobs page. If you are not interested with the job posts under the U.K. only list, please click on the My job feed option. I'll be sure to share this with the team for consideration as well. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

-Joanne
Untitled
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
106 of 561

Hi Nathan,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via email to assist you directly. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Nathan A Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
107 of 561

I don't have an UK driver's license or passport, but I live in London.

Is it possible to confirm my location somehow?

Ace Contributor
Chris M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
108 of 561

Hey Upworkers! Hope everyone keeping as busy as bees lol Smiley Happy 

I wanted to ask a question about "Find Jobs" / My Job Feed. Recently i noticed that when i click into the find work sections, it defaults to listings for UK only. Is there anyway of changing this from that so that it defaults to the one below which is "My Job Feed" rather than UK? The UK one isnt really helping me in my niche so im having to take 1 addtional step to select My Job Feed underneath it each time which is a minor pain, the joys lol. 

Ruyi D Member Since: Nov 7, 2018
109 of 561

I am having the same problem.  How can I fix it?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
110 of 561

Hi Ruyi ,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled