Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

cameliascripa
Camelia M Member Since: May 7, 2021
1431 of 1,698

Dear Upwork team,

After taking some years off Upwork, I'm back trying to set up my profile and struggling to apply to some UK jobs due to the documents required for the location verification: "Simply upload an image of your U.K. driving licence or British passport".

I'm a UK resident, with all the rights to work in the country, however, I'm not a British citizen and don't have either of those 2 documents. 

Can I provide another form of location identification like my UTR number, for example? 

Many thanks,

Camelia M. 

dheiman
Dagmar H Member Since: May 7, 2021
1432 of 1,698

I have the same issue (I am an EU citizen).

I cannot seem to identify my location without a UK passport/drivers licence. I do have other documentation available (bank statemetns, council tax etc.) Not sure where I can upload any of this information for assessment ?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1433 of 1,698

Thank you for reaching out to us Camelia and Dagmar.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
veralesum
Merve T Member Since: Apr 29, 2021
1434 of 1,698

Hello,

I moved to United Kingdom almost 4 monhts ago  permanently.So I don't have a driving license yet.But I have Brp card ,bills or lease agreement  to proof of my current address.I need to proof  my address to apply a jop in UK but there are 2 ways of it.Britisih passport and driving license.I s there any option to proof an address without them?

Many thanks.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1435 of 1,698

Hi Merve,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
3880711a
Jessica M Member Since: May 8, 2021
1436 of 1,698

Hi,

I need some help. I tried to apply for a UK based job (My Location is London) and it said that I had to verify my location with a British Passport or a UK Drivers License. I have neither of these as I am not a British citizen or a licensed driver. 

Is there a way to verify with bank/billing documentation? 

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1437 of 1,698

Hi Jessica,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mitcharmour
Mitchell A Member Since: May 9, 2021
1438 of 1,698

I have reached the limit for uploading ID verification! i have tried sumbitting both? ive followed the rules explicitely on both forms of ID. Tad Annoying!!

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1439 of 1,698

Hi Mitchell,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
dianaseme
Diana S Member Since: May 10, 2021
1440 of 1,698

Good afternoon,  I live in the UK but do not hold a UK passport. I would be grateful if a support team representative could contact me/raise a ticket so I share other proofs of my residency (payslips/bills whatever works for you)

Thanks,

Diana

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS