Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

slavabanana
Slava T Member Since: Jan 12, 2021
11 of 1,576

Hi,

I have permanent residency in the UK but no British passport nor driving licence. Could you please assist me in verifying my localisation ?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Slava

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
12 of 1,576

Hi Slava,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
9aa3ef3a
Alexandra P Member Since: Apr 12, 2021
13 of 1,576

Hi Bojan, 

I don't have a British passport or UK driving license, but I am living in the UK. How can I complete the verification process? Could you please help me with this topic. 

Thank you!

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
14 of 1,576

Hi Alexandra,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
15 of 1,576

"New clients in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland), will now be able to post jobs targeted to freelancers in the U.K."

Um, no. I would suggest Upwork immediately review its entire interface and promotional materials for this feature for any suggestion that the Republic of Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. In the present example:

"New clients in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) and in the Republic of Ireland will now be able to post jobs targeted to freelancers in those countries."

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
16 of 1,576

Hey Douglas Michael,

You are correct. I Apologize for sharing misinformation and have edited the post to reflect the correct information. 

-Lena

Untitled
anamariacuesta
Community Guru
Maria C Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
17 of 1,576

Hi Lena,

Is there any chance of getting this in the EU too? 

Thanks! 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 1,576

Hi Maria,

We do plan to offer this option to clients in other countries in the future, likely adding one country at a time. We’ll be sure to keep the Community updated!

~ Valeria
Untitled
wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
19 of 1,576

Does this mean all in the UK get (that infernal, ugly, invasive, lack of privacy) map in the middle of their profiles as well?

BTW, relying on Preston (or anyone's) quote in a thread somewhere to explain a change is sooooooooo wrong.  It only makes good business sense for a moderator to create a new and stand-alone post to inform users (customers) when a major change such as this has been made. 

amt17
Community Guru
Annette E Member Since: Mar 17, 2018
20 of 1,576

@Wendy C wrote:

Does this mean all in the UK get (that infernal, ugly, invasive, lack of privacy) map in the middle of their profiles as well?

BTW, relying on Preston (or anyone's) quote in a thread somewhere to explain a change is sooooooooo wrong.  It only makes good business sense for a moderator to create a new and stand-alone post to inform users (customers) when a major change such as this has been made. 

The map is already there. The sooner it goes away again, the better!