cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
481 of 523

Hi Gokhan,

I have escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Raul C Member Since: Dec 18, 2018
482 of 523

Hi,

I have the same issue. I'm Spanish, I've been living in the UK for more than 5 years. My company is based in the UK and I'm unable to verify my location because I don't have a British passport or a UK driving license.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

483 of 523

Hi Raul,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Lindea Y Member Since: Dec 24, 2018
484 of 523

Same issue, I do not have a UK passport but I have lived in the UK for more than 5 years and still live here. I have reached out to your agents and their answer is "there is nothing they can do about it."

Is this a way for upwork to discriminate against people who live legally in a different country than the country they are a citizen in? Also, do you have any plans to solve this? As I have sent in my ID and a proof of my address and it was still "nothing to be done about it because this is out of scope of their support."

I would very much appreciate a proper answers. 

Thank you. 

Karlo B Member Since: Jan 3, 2019
485 of 523

Hi,

I'm a Croatian citizen living in the UK, I can provide bank statements as proof of address (and Croatian ID and/or passport). Please have someone from the support team contact me as-well to assist me in the location verification process.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
486 of 523

Hi Karlo,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with the verification, thank you.

Untitled
Christina P Member Since: Jan 16, 2019
487 of 523

Hi,

I am a norwegian citizen living in the UK (Glasgow, Scotland), so I don't have a british passport OR a driver's licence.

Is there anyway of verifying without these documents?

Best,
Christina P. **Edited for community guidelines**

488 of 523

Hi Christina,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and advise your further regarding acceptable documents for your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Madi T Member Since: Jan 17, 2019
489 of 523

Hiya there!

I have just joined Upwork, and I am not very sure that I know how this location thing works...

I am spanish but been living in Glasgow (UK) for almost 3 years, unfortunately that is not time enough to apply for the citizenship and therefore I don´t have an UK passport and my driving license is spanish...So it seems impossible for me to apply to any of the UK jobs I´ve been seeing...is there any alternative solution to this?

I can provide proof of address or my Nin as well, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

M.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
490 of 523

Hi Madi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your location, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS