cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
531 of 640

For location verification Upwork needs your passport? Wrong information.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067788-Location-Government-ID-Verification?flash_dig...

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
532 of 640

Joosung K wrote:

I have rights to live and work in the U.K. How do I verify my location, when upwork requires a passport?

Use your residency permit?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
533 of 640

Hi Joosung,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it looks like you successfully completed your verification process. Feel free to follow up here if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Hugo C Member Since: Sep 26, 2019
534 of 640

i live in the uk but i have a portuguese phone number, how can I complete my profile?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
535 of 640

Hi Hugo, 

Let me go ahead and check this with the team and get back to you once I have more information regarding your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
536 of 640

Hi Hugo,

One of our team members reached out to you via ticket with more details. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Hednei M Member Since: Sep 29, 2019
537 of 640

I'm try make upload of my passport but I can't. I'm Italian and live in UK.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
538 of 640

Hi Hednei,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Andreea C Member Since: Sep 30, 2019
539 of 640

I've been living in the UK for 8 years but up until recently (due to brexit etc) I never cared about getting any kind of ID here. Now I have a settled status however, on Upwork I cannot use this to prove my location. I dont have a UK drivers liences or Id nor do I want to get them (costs some money to do so and takes time). is there any other way?

thank you 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
540 of 640

Upwork has a whole page about this.

They're very flexible.

A driver's license is NOT required.

May use passport, government-issued ID, Green Card with photo ID, etc.

Honestly, they seem to be bending over backwards to allow anybody in any location to be able to do verification...

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067788-Location-Government-ID-Verification

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 3.22.56 PM.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS