cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Colin O Member Since: Sep 11, 2018
691 of 860

Since december 2019, my account has been stuck on the "Thank you for completing your Upwork verification upload. Please allow 3-4 business days for your verification to be processed.".

Something has clearly gone wrong. There is no way for me to proceed beyond this point and I have received no further instructions via email.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
692 of 860

Hi Colin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with our team and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Colin O Member Since: Sep 11, 2018
693 of 860

Thank you for the speedy resolution.

This is now resolved

Margarita K Member Since: Aug 22, 2018
694 of 860

Hello everyone, Upwork requesting to verify my location (U.K.) and allows only UK passport or driving license, i have only biometrical residence permit (student visa) and does not accept this. Is there any other way i can verify my location ? 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
695 of 860

Hi Margarita,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Kaja B Member Since: Jan 20, 2020
696 of 860

I have been trying to set up an account as a freelancer in the U.K. (where I have been living for almost 3,5 years and even study there). I do not have a British passport nor a British driver's license, so I am currently unable to verify my account. What am I supposed to do to right now? I  cannot find a customer service email address either. 

Community Leader
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
697 of 860

You don't need to have UK documents to be verified as a UK freelancer. You just need some form of government issued ID. If Upwork requires further proof of residency, they may request it, but your IP address usage should do the trick. I've used Upwork in three different countries as a UK citizen but verified my account using my Singapore government pass.

Now, if you don't have government issued ID from any country, then that's a problem, but I don't think that's the case here.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
698 of 860

wrote:

You don't need to have UK documents to be verified as a UK freelancer.

Incorrect.

She is asking for UK location (!!!) verification, not ID verification. 

She DOES require UK documentation to verify her location being in the UK, so she can apply to UK only jobs.

I've used Upwork in three different countries as a UK citizen but verified my account using my Singapore government pass.

That's because your location is (correctly) set to where you live. You did not try to verify your location to be in the UK.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
699 of 860

Hi Kaja,

One of our Customer support agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Thom B Member Since: Jan 20, 2020
700 of 860

I think I created two accounts by error - I have deleted one but I still can't verify my phone number

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS