cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Paraskevi A Member Since: Feb 6, 2020
721 of 847
Hi! I am setting up my profile as a freelancer on Upwork and it is asking me to verify my location. I have tried to do it but they only accept UK passport, ID or Driver's license which I don't hold. I have been living in the UK since 2012 and I am wondering if there is any other documents that Upwork would accept in order to verify your location.
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
722 of 847

Hi Paraskevi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Haroon N Member Since: May 22, 2019
723 of 847

I moved to London a while ago but I don have a British passport or driving licence, as this is the only thing they want me to upload. I hold a pre-setteld status document where i can live and work here for 5 years but it was not accepted when i tried to submit it. So how do I register for UK only jobs?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
724 of 847

Hi Haroon,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Oluwaseyi O Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
725 of 847

Hello there. My name is Oluwaseyi. So, I recently moved to the UK for educational reasons (for about a year plus), I changed my address to where I stay in the UK but I don't have a British passport or driver's license to verify my location. Is there anything else I can do to verify my location?

726 of 847

Thank you for reaching out to us, Oluwaseyi.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Knut L Member Since: Feb 9, 2020
727 of 847

- edit: I have been contacted by customer support. can we delete this post?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
728 of 847

Hi Knut,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Daniel V Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
729 of 847

Hi,

I live in the UK but I'm not a British citizen, I can't provide a UK driving license or a British passport, is there any way to verify my address for UK only postings using bank statements, utility bills or whatever?

Cheers,

Daniel

730 of 847

Hi Daniel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS