Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Pieter B Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
801 of 1,158

HelloI live in the UK but my passport is Belgian. How Can I verify this when I try to verify my location but I can only upload a British passport or UK driver's license?

Because I want to apply for UK projects but when I get prompted to verify ID, it only shows UK IDs that can be uploaded.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
802 of 1,158

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Pieter B Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
803 of 1,158

Hi!

I got the email and send in my bank statement with my UK adress and Belgian Passport.

I do have a secondary question. 
My girlfriend also needs to sign up on Upwork, but we share the same IP adress and household. because her area of expertise is different than mine, and as far as I know you cant share an account with 2 people.

How can we do this without getting interrupted or blocked if UpWork detects multiple accounts on one IP adress?
Can we pre-inform upWork during the process of her registration? 

Thanks in Advance!

Pieter

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
804 of 1,158

Hi Pieter,

Sharing the same IP is okay. You just need to make sure that you are not sharing the same account to work. Account sharing is a violation of Upwork ToS. Let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Jerusha K Member Since: Apr 8, 2020
805 of 1,158

Hello

I am trying to submit a proposal for a job that is limited to UK-only applicants. I am resident in the UK and the UK-government issued documentation that I have needs to be manually reviewed as it is not a supported document for the automated scanner.

Many thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
806 of 1,158

Hi Jerusha,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Sebastian G Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
807 of 1,158

I can provide: Bills with current address, mortgage papers for the house that i own in the UK, national insurance number letter... things like that. But there's no way to raise a ticket and the automated system isn't helpful at all.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
808 of 1,158

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sebastian.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Luis M Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
809 of 1,158

Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this, so i was going to apply for a UK job, and when i tried to, it asked to verify my location using a british drivers license or passport. 

"Simply upload an image of your U.K. driving licence or British passport. You’ll only need to do this once, and verification happens in real time."

The thing is, i'm an EU national and i'm living in the UK but i own none of the above.

How do i verify my location in this situation?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kanan I Member Since: Mar 3, 2020
810 of 1,158

If you have a UK resident permit or alternative you can upload it

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS