Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
951 of 1,113

Hi Zeynep Tugba,

I checked and it seems that the link shared with you is working properly. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? If you continue getting the message that the link is incorrect, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Muzammil A Member Since: Oct 10, 2017
952 of 1,113

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to apply for a job which is specific to the location (United Kingdom). I am currently a resident in the UK; however, in order to verify the location, Upwork is asking me "Simply upload an image of your U.K. driving licence or British passport".

Ihave neither driving license nor do I have a British passport. I can provide my council tax bill to prove that I am a resident in the UK. Will this work?

Has anyone else faced a similar situation? Please help.

Thanks

Muzammil

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
953 of 1,113

Thank you for reaching out to us, Muzammil.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Alessandro P Member Since: Sep 27, 2018
954 of 1,113

Hi,

To verify my location is required a Personal I.D. a Passport or a Driving Licence that confirms it.

Although, I live in the U.K. but I don't have an I.D. or Passport to Confirm that nor a Driving License.  I have only bills and statements but the request it's specific to those two methods. Is there any other way?

Thanks,

Alessandro.

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
955 of 1,113

Hi Alessandro, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with UK location verification. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
Daniele M Member Since: Sep 16, 2020
956 of 1,113

How to Verifying Location when living in the UK but having an EU passport?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
957 of 1,113

Hi Daniele,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Maria G Member Since: Sep 18, 2020
958 of 1,113

Hi There,

I'm trying to verify location. Iam a EU citizen living in UK.

Please can you advise.

many thanks

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
959 of 1,113

Hi Maria,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Helen F Member Since: Feb 15, 2018
960 of 1,113

I understand that this may be a desirable feature for clients who wish to limit bids from UK-only freelancers, and I'm not against it in principle. Personally I don't find it useful at all, as there are only ever 3 or 4 jobs that appear in my UK only feed and they don't change very often. But whatever – this may change given time, and although it seems like a pretty useless feature for freelancers (in my case at least), it doesn't bother me very much to give that option to clients.

However, it's REALLY annoying for freelancers to have the default Find Work feed be set to UK only. Every time I go to search for work I have to click to go to the second tab. The vast majority of my clients come from outside the UK and so I don't foresee a time when I'm likely to only want to see jobs from UK clients. I'd suggest one of the following, in order of preference:

1) Give me an integrated feed as the default containing all jobs relevant to me, with an option to filter to UK only if you must. But please don't make the filtered list the default. 

2) Allow some customisation of the Home feed so that individual freelancers can choose which feed they'd like to see as their default. 

3) Failing either of the above, I'd actually prefer to unverify my location so that I remove the possibility of seeing UK only jobs. Is this possible? I'm aware this would possibly restrict the jobs I see, but for the moment, that doesn't seem to be a problem for me (i.e., there's still more than enough work without a location requirement). Indeed, many of my clients are from the US which seems to suggest that many clients are also happy to hire freelancers from across the world. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS