Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1041 of 1,570

Hi Carlota,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
diaz-virginia
Virginia D Member Since: Nov 6, 2020
1042 of 1,570

Hi! How can I very my location if i don't have UK driver license or UK passaport? I'm from Portugal but I'm living in London now. I need help because if not I can't access to a lot jobs in UpWork. Thank you!

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1043 of 1,570

Hi Virginia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
martina_kurai
Martina K Member Since: Nov 7, 2020
1044 of 1,570

Hi there!

I would like to verify my location. I'm based in the UK.

However, freelancers on Upwork are requested to provide either a British passport or a UK driving licence to complete this step. Why? I am based in London but don't have a British passport or a driver's licence. I understand the need for regulation but this inflexible and incomplete verification technique is discriminatory. UK residents with a right to work might not necessarily have either of those two. I can provide bills made in my name, even on a monthly basis if necessary. The UK is my home and my base! Please let me know how we can proceed to verify my location in a more straightforward way.

I also strongly suggest you revise your verification processes. UpWork is a place for people to find flexible work online, it's a wonderfully liberating platform, and that's why it's surprising the opportunities go through such an inflexible filter.

Thank you for your time.

Martina

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1045 of 1,570

Hi Martina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
victoriahpm
Victoria H Member Since: Nov 9, 2020
1046 of 1,570

I just submitted my location verification (my passport) and it instantly failed and has now locked my account. All the help articles said verification takes 48 hours so I'm assuming it's an error as it was a scanned copy of my passport.It says I can't submit any proposals. Can you tell me where to submit my passport copy to review this? 

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1047 of 1,570

Hi Victoria,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the verification issues you are having. I will follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
drraed
Raed A Member Since: Nov 10, 2020
1048 of 1,570

Hi,

I'm Swedish living in London. How do I confirm my location?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1049 of 1,570
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Raed A wrote:

living in London. How do I confirm my location?

Via your British Driving licence, your visa and work permit and leave to stay etc etc?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1050 of 1,570

Hi Raed,

Could you please confirm if you're physically located in the UK now so that we can assist you accordingly?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled