Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

kspoor92
Katie S Member Since: Feb 21, 2019
1071 of 1,556

Hi,

My account has been put on hold due to my ID not being able to be verified. Need a bit of help sorting this out as I'm just in a bit of a circle on FAQs.

Thanks!

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1072 of 1,556

Hi Katie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
simbirkett
Simeon B Member Since: Jun 8, 2020
1073 of 1,556

I tried to apply for a job. It asked me to upload ID to prove I'm based in the UK. I uploaded a copy of my passport. It said that the name didn't match my profile name, but it did. Now I can't try again because it says I've attempted too many times and now I can't apply for this job. What do I do? This is ridiculous.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1074 of 1,556

Hi Simeon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
reginad25
Regina D Member Since: Dec 7, 2020
1075 of 1,556

Hi there,

I tried to submit a proposal when I was asked to complete a verification process. I uploaded a copy of my British passport however the verification failed - all I got was an email notification that my account has been put on hold and that the previous proposal I spent a whole day preparing has been suspended. I have not been given an opportunity to resubmit another copy or given information on how to ublock this. Please advise, thank you.

dinlerhakan
Hakan D Member Since: Dec 10, 2020
1076 of 1,556

UK only location it need UK driver License or UK Pasaport, I have resident permit and self employed. How can i proof of that.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1077 of 1,556

Hi Hakan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
sanjana_1604
Sanjana S Member Since: Nov 23, 2020
1078 of 1,556

Hello,

I am a freelancer located in the UK and I am having a valid government-issued Biometric Residence Permit card as my residence proof but Upwork requires only a Passport and license. I do not own a vehicle so I do not have a license and I am not a British citizen but I live here now for more than 3 Years. 

Due to this issue, I am not able to apply for the jobs which require the UK as a location. Please, anyone, help to solve the issue as I am new to the platform and missing out on the opportunities due to this.

Thank you in advance.

Sanjana Sethiya

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1079 of 1,556

Hi Sanjana,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your location verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
deeptich
Deepti C Member Since: Nov 23, 2020
1080 of 1,556

I recently moved to UK from India and when I tried to apply for few projects which are for freelancers located in UK only, Upwork is asking for UK verification,

It just gives only 2 options for verifictaion - UK driving license and British Passport. But I am on Indian passport with ILR (Indefinite leaveto remain) and I don't drive so not having local driving license.

Can someone at Upwork please provide me the option for Visa proofs instead of these 2 proofs. UK home office does approve all of ILR holder to work freely in UK and I think Upwork should also allow this.