Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1141 of 1,439

Hi Hongxin,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola

Untitled
martina_mi
Martina M Member Since: Jan 31, 2021
1142 of 1,439

Hi, how can i verify my location in uk in case I don't have british passport nor driving licence, is it possible to use council tax bill or any other document proving my address?

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
1143 of 1,439

Hi Martina,

I've shared your concern with the team, and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
miklos-toldi
Miklos T Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
1144 of 1,439

Hi,

I am just starting up on Upwork. I am working together with my brother in law who is living in the UK as a family run business. He has his own account as well. We'd like to apply for UK jobs, but the system asks for location verification, however I am not living in the UK but my brother in law does. Is there any way for me to do the location verification in my profile on his name or the only way is to do it on him?

Thanks in advance

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
1145 of 1,439

You need to study the TOS.  One person per account.  Each profile must show the actual location of the freelancer.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1146 of 1,439

Hi Miklos,

Each Upworker must have their own unique account on Upwork. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further advise you regarding this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
miklos-toldi
Miklos T Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
1147 of 1,439

Hi Bojan, 

Thanks for the reply. Understood and did not clarify, he has his own account as well. Modified my post accordingly. I was just qurious if there is any way for me to be able to see the same thing what he does and have the same rights. As we are working together anyways.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1148 of 1,439

Hi Miklos,

Only freelancers with a U.K. location in their profile will see these jobs and if verified, will be able to submit proposals for them. You can check the original announcement for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
8f24de2d
V T Member Since: Jan 18, 2021
1149 of 1,439

Hi! I'm new on the platform and I want to get a job. I have been leaving in UK for more than a year but I can't verificate that I live here. I'm spanish, so I don't have a british ID. What could I do to prove that I live here?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1150 of 1,439

Hi V T,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled