cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

6c0ae9bb
Sophia F Member Since: Jan 27, 2021
1151 of 1,568

Good afternoon, I want to apply for UK freelance jobs but am being prompted to verify my residence by submitting either British passport/driving licence. I am a French citizen with French passport. I tried uploading it but it wasn't approved. What can I do about it please?

Many thanks,

Sophia

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1152 of 1,568

Hi Sophia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
angela_cardenas
Angela C Member Since: Jan 28, 2021
1153 of 1,568

I am UK resident, working as a scholar at a university. I was unsuccessful in the attempt to submit my government-issued UK residence permit to be able to apply for UK based projects. 

I would really appreciate your assistance getting my ID verified using my Biometric UK residence card (which are non EU permits to work).

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1154 of 1,568

Hi Angela,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
ginnywan
Hongxin W Member Since: Jan 30, 2021
1155 of 1,568

Hello, I'm a Chinese citizen but I'm have a UK residence work permit which allows me to freelance. I can't seem to verify my ID on the website because you only accept UK passport or driving license. Could you please verify my location another way?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1156 of 1,568

Hi Hongxin,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola

Untitled
martina_mi
Martina M Member Since: Jan 31, 2021
1157 of 1,568

Hi, how can i verify my location in uk in case I don't have british passport nor driving licence, is it possible to use council tax bill or any other document proving my address?

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
1158 of 1,568

Hi Martina,

I've shared your concern with the team, and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
miklos-toldi
Miklos T Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
1159 of 1,568

Hi,

I am just starting up on Upwork. I am working together with my brother in law who is living in the UK as a family run business. He has his own account as well. We'd like to apply for UK jobs, but the system asks for location verification, however I am not living in the UK but my brother in law does. Is there any way for me to do the location verification in my profile on his name or the only way is to do it on him?

Thanks in advance

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
1160 of 1,568

You need to study the TOS.  One person per account.  Each profile must show the actual location of the freelancer.