Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1271 of 1,570

Hi Sara,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
494adefe
Nicho B Member Since: Mar 5, 2021
1272 of 1,570

Hi there,I had to proof my identity and that I am living in the UK.However, I don't have a UK Passport as I am South African and have recently immigrated to London. I also don't have my UK driver's license yet, as I have also recently only applied to exchange my foreign drivers license to an UK Drivers and are still waiting for that to come through.I am only doing my EU Settlement Bio-metrics next week (It's been delayed due to Lock down). Once I have done my Bi-metrics, I will have pre-settled status in the UK.Immigration have advised me that my EU Family Permit (Visa) is sufficient for now as it proves I have right to live and work in UK - I currently live in E15LP. I tried uploading my EU Family Permit but it doesn't accept it. Please advise as I am missing out on work from UK Clients due to this.Your assistance would be highly appreciated.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1273 of 1,570

Hi Nicho,

It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
7c353ae5
Moritz U Member Since: Mar 4, 2021
1274 of 1,570

Hello, i am a german living in the UK and need to upload verification, but can only uload UK id, where can i upload my german passport?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1275 of 1,570

Hi Moritz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
daniellear
Daniel L Member Since: Mar 9, 2021
1276 of 1,570

Hi there,

I'm a voice actor as I use a professional name as a performer due to issues with another performing having a similar name. I submitted my location verification under my legal name, then changed to my professional name ('nickname') afterwards, but this has removed the verified location.

Why is this? There doesn't appear to be a way to reverify without changing my profile name back to my legal name.

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1277 of 1,570

Hi Daniel,

I checked this for you and looks like your location has been successfully verified. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists and share the screenshot of the error message you're receiving.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
daniellear
Daniel L Member Since: Mar 9, 2021
1278 of 1,570

Hi Bojan,

Yes I have verified it again with my legal name, but every time I change it back to my professional name it resets.

Thanks,

Daniel

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1279 of 1,570

Hi Daniel,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
marietterussell
Ace Contributor
Mariette A Member Since: Jan 22, 2015
1280 of 1,570

Hello Upwork community

I tried to submit an application for a job where only people living in the UK can apply.

I was asked to verify my status as living in the UK by uploading a copy of either my British passport or my British drivers license. I have neither. However, I do live in the UK but am a Swedish citizen. I do not think the client was specifically asking for a British citizen, do you? This is discriminating against freelancers who are not British but do live in the UK.

Would be grateful if someone can help me here. This is a new feature as I have never been asked this before and I do get quite a lot of "UK work only".  Does this mean I no longer will be able to apply for jobs listed as "UK Only" even though I fit the criteria of being a permanent resident of the UK?

Thank you!