cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

ernestmontv
Ernestas M Member Since: Mar 13, 2021
1291 of 1,580

Kinda struggling here. To verify my location I have two choices. Drivers Licence or Passport of the country itself. 

What are foreigners that don't drive supposed to do?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1292 of 1,580

Hi Ernestas,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
evelinaines
Evelina I Member Since: Mar 15, 2021
1293 of 1,580

Hi, I am a European citizen living and working in the UK and I do not have a UK driving license or British passport, which are the only documents recognised as valid to verify identity. Is there another way to verify that I am currently working and residing in the UK or upload a different document that provides proof of address, e.g. bank statement? 

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1294 of 1,580

Hi Evelina,

We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
nhuqn
Nhu N Member Since: Mar 15, 2021
1295 of 1,580

I am currently living in the UK but I am of another nationality. When asked to verify my location from Upwork, the only options are british passport or UK driving license (which I don't have). I can't apply to any jobs without resolving this - any advice is very much appreciated!

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1296 of 1,580

Hi Nhu,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
paulmaceachern
Paul M Member Since: Mar 16, 2021
1297 of 1,580

How do I prove my UK citizenship if I have no drivers licence and my passport is so out of date that the content of page 2 is completely different to a current passport?

How do I contact someone at Upworks about this; I can find no way of contacting customer service directly, email, text message, web chat or otherwise?

Thanks 

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1298 of 1,580

Hi Paul,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
ivocouto
Ivo C Member Since: Mar 16, 2021
1299 of 1,580

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and i've been trying to apply for some jobs but i need to verify my location. I've been living in the UK for some years, however i'm not a british citizen or hold a british driver license. Can someone help me with that? Already tried the chat, but was useless.

Thanks!!

miguelduarte81
Miguel D Member Since: Mar 16, 2021
1300 of 1,580

Hi all!
I have exactly the same issue. Unfortunately, there isn't much documentation on this subject.
I've read that it should be possible to use a government-issued document (with a photo), but not sure where to upload or send it to when the only options on the verification form are UK Passport or UK Driving License.
Would like some clarification, as this is stopping me from applying to "UK Jobs only".

Thank you for your time.