Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

naf_photographer
Naf C Member Since: May 4, 2021
1411 of 1,696

Hi,

To submit a proposal for a job in London, I need to verify my location. However, the only options given to do so are to upload a Birtish passport or a UK driving's license. While I'm not British and cannot drive, I legally live and work in the country. I have a national insurance number and lots of bills to my name. 

Is there another method to verify my location? 

Thanks in advance. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1412 of 1,696

Hi Naf,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
morganeroux
morgane r Member Since: Oct 6, 2020
1413 of 1,696

I would need to upload my passport (french) but the system seams to accept only british ID since I am locate din the UK. 

So I am stuck at this step of the process I cannot be verified and cannot applied for jobs

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1414 of 1,696

Hi Morgane,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
arianna1994
Arianna B Member Since: May 4, 2021
1415 of 1,696

Hello,

I would like for my ID to be manually verified as well. I am a freelancer based in the UK but neither my passport nor my drivers license are from the UK, so it won't successfully upload them when I try to apply for UK-based jobs.

I await for your response.

Many thanks,

Arianna

bstojadinovic
1416 of 1,696

Thank you for reaching out to us, Arianna.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
louisetheva
Louise H Member Since: May 5, 2021
1417 of 1,696

Hi please can a moderator help me. 

My ID couldn't be authenticated and now my account is on hold. 

I can't find anywhere to sort this? The live chat bot said to post a question in here. 

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1418 of 1,696

Hi Louise,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
estella-h
Estella H Member Since: May 5, 2021
1419 of 1,696

Hi,

I tried to send a proposal for a job on Friday, but was asked to verify my ID. When I tried to do this and upload an acceptable format of my ID, it wouldn't work. I sent a support ticket and got an email reply to say the issue has been resolved when in actual fact it hasn't. I now cannot send any proposals for work and I am a bit frustrated to put it mildly.

It would be great if I could talk to an individual not a bot who does not really understand the nuances of the actual issue. Looking forward to some help.

Thank you

bstojadinovic
1420 of 1,696

Hi Estella,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS